Idleline86 Tribute and Memorial Flight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be in my trusty mustang for my inbound flight. I will also fly it hands-on the whole way in honor of Doug. No autopilot for me!

https://skyvector.com/api/navlog?33016

https://skyvector.com/

Here's the route I intend to take, any suggestions? It's been a while since I planned a flight, haha.

EDIT: Is there a recommended freeware helo I can be directed towards? I checked the vault and went after the MASH chopper from Hawg, but the link was no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinkleberg View Post
      EDIT: Is there a recommended freeware helo I can be directed towards? I checked the vault and went after the MASH chopper from Hawg, but the link was no good.
      Try rikoooo here. There are several suitable with US Army liveries, and you may want to install several to be able to see others. Here are some possibilities:
      • I'm flying the one in the "Piasecki PHC" section but it's a little odd to fly. Not necessarily recommended!
      • Some others are flying the Chinook from the "Various helicopter" section.
      • I recommend the Hughes OH-6 (Loach) from the "Various helicopter" section as:
        1. it's easy to fly,
        2. it's a Tim "Piglet" Conrad aircraft (=high quality), and
        3. it's small and won't take too much space at our final landing area (which will get crowded - see the last diagram in the opening post).

Comment

If no one wants to fly very long distances, YukiOokami and I plan to fly from KLYH in Virginia out to KHSV (Huntsville Airport) in Lancair Legacies. We will be cruising around 160-170 kt range. Our reason for stopping at Huntsville is so we can hop into our Comanches and continue on to Redstone. Our plan will take us about 2 hours and 30 minutes (more or less). We will be departing around 4:00PM EST.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2cpln
        When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

I will be at work tonight while you all are flying. But I was able to complete phase one last night in my F-16D. Departed KMCC and flew to KHUA. Had a fatal error around Salt Lake so I continued on from KSLC to KHUA. Here's a shot of me "AF-301" departing California. It was quite a challenge to fit the 16 into KHUA. I always enjoyed Doug's company. Great guy, and a great inspiration. I love that he never wanted to let anything stop him from learning, and I'll always admire that. I'll try to join everyone for tarmac time once I get home tonight. I'm very pleased to see our community's outpouring of support and love for one of our members.
          When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

Awesome pics of the X country Nova,
            Last edited by YukiOokami; October 2, 2015, 10:16 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Going to be down for about an hour. Just reloaded my system yesterday. Rebooted after adjusting video settings and Windows hit me for 218 updates.

Comment

Would like to thank the staff and members for welcoming me to be a part of this amazing memorial flight. Thank You

Comment

Comment

Apologies for being quiet in channel this evening; I was ears-on and attentive all the while from my approach into KHUA through the Idle Time. I am personally touched at the number and quality of individuals that attended and also those that were unable to but shared their thoughts here and elsewhere about Doug. I hold everyone involved in the highest regard.

Forgive me for quoting things typed in the TeamSpeak, but I think they tell the story that really speaks loudest to me:

"*******": ...hearing you gentlemen pay a tribute and speak about the loss is just moving in way that i cannot explain. Great job guys!
                    "************": If I may say, I haven't really known Doug, but hearing everything about him, all the stories, he must have been a great man and outstanding Soldier. Pilot at that. I am honored to be apart of this flight to remember this great man. Godspeed, and Semper Fidelis.
                    "***********************": this is a community, that's the thing... not just a gaming platform
                    "************": ...this flight was truly worth and this isn't just a community anymore, but a family
                    "************": And I can say you really don't see that very often anywhere else.
                    "*************": Awesome flight. Thank you all for this great evening...

To see this and to hear the same expressed in channel highlights just how unique and special the people of this community are.

I originally felt like concluding this post by thanking a bunch of people for the evening (Storm for organizing it, everyone for attending, FSFlyBoys for the kind gesture of closing its servers in respect to Doug, and more), but I realized as I was writing it that that was silly -- nobody did any of this as a personal favor to me, so why am I thanking them?

Because I'm enriched by it, and it's really thanks to Doug.
                    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Here are pics of Dougs ideline86,s Memorial flight . He will be missed greatly. http://imgbox.com/g/YIXWp6MSLd

Comment

Idleline86 Memorial Flight Images
                        “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

The US Army Beech C-45 Expeditor, flight number Army 11042, en route from KAPA (Centennial, Colorado) to Redstone Arsenal and into the dawn.
                          Please click on the pics + F11 for full size and clarity.

Comment

Excellent pictures - thanks guys!

Comment

I posted a note of gratitude to FsFlyboys community today on their forum. I posted as third reply to one post among many I found there expressing various general good feelings toward Doug and toward both our communities as a direct result of Friday's flight and memorial.

I presumed to speak for and represent the feelings of our community here at msFLIGHTS.net in my words of thanks and respect. Historically, I have presumed to speak for our community when I deem such words are appropriate, helpful and/or necessary. I don't however, recall ever being granted such dispatch nor authorization to so speak for us all.
                              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Bob, you had informed me of your intent to make such a post on the FsFlyboys forums and I wholeheartedly agree with that action. You do speak for at least me in that post. I remain in awe (good awe) at the showing of support and respect from all individuals who make the greater flight simulation community so great.
                                Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X