Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World/ Back in Time RETURNS! Lap 4- Episode 1: Wake the Fleet! 9 pm eastern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time RETURNS! Lap 4- Episode 1: Wake the Fleet! 9 pm eastern

Hi pilots!

Our Time-traveling air-fleet will be out of the maintenance facility on October 1st, just in time to head north to fix a situation in ancient Quebec.

The massive upgrade to the singularity drive is going well and HQ assures us that the Holographic Airfield Projector will be fully operational and reasonably safe to use by mission time.

Click this link to grab the required scenery for this flight.
    http://1drv.ms/1P6J70H

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Mansfield mun. Departure (KMFD)
    London Ontario (CYXU)
    Muskoka lakes (CYQA)
    Nobody Knows (XXX1)

A flightplan file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place in classic FSX, but feel free to follow along in steam!

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 260 KIAS at around 10,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction.

-------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

• An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Last edited by Lazerbolt; October 1, 2015, 08:47 PM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

We will meet up at KMFD @ 9pm eastern to begin our new Around the World journey.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

During the break I've learned to operate the autopilot on the VRS F18. I've considered using it for these Thursday flights. I also enjoy the phenomenal performance of the C-17 (Globemaster). Would you have issues with either of those for regular use?

If so that's fine. I have my fall back Antanov and Electra.

Comment

Pictures Of Lazers Around the World 4 Flight . http://imgbox.com/g/USoSb9XAd1

Comment

Howard 500 and F/A-37 Talon.
          Please click on the pics + F11 for full-size/clarity.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X