Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World/ Back in Time continues- episode #57: Cutting up the Sandwitch isles- 1778 Hawaii

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time continues- episode #57: Cutting up the Sandwitch isles- 1778 Hawaii

Hi pilots! Looks like its time for another Thursday trip back in time!

From Wikipedia:
    On January 18, 1778 British Captain James Cook and his crew, while attempting to discover the Northwest Passage between England and Asia, encountered the Hawaiian islands and were surprised to find a Polynesian island so far north in the Pacific. He named them the "Sandwich Islands", after the fourth Earl of Sandwich. Members of this expedition described the population of the islands as abundant, handsome and healthy. Unfortunately the British brought many new infectious diseases to the islands, in particular tuberculosis and venereal diseases that quickly propagated through the locals.

On Thursday night we will set the singularity drive to new years day 1778 so that we can deliver medicines and antibiotics throughout the Hawaiian islands two weeks before the arrival of Captain Cook and crew.

This group flight will take place on the boxed edition server, but feel free to follow along in Steam as well.

Aircraft:
    This is an amphibian flight as we will be doing regular landings, touch -n- go's, and water landings.
    We will be flying between 2,000 ft. and 4,000 ft. at 160 KIAS (or 185 mph for those using the Goose).
    I will be flying the great OZX HD/HP Goose, but feel free to bring any amphibian that can maintain 160 KIAS. Obviously the Smeiman Stingray is another great choice.

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Honolulu Intl, Honolulu departure (PHNL)
    Molokai, Kaunakakai (PHMK)
    Lanai City, Lanai (PHNY)
    Hana, Hana (PHHN)
    Waimea-Kohala, Kamuela (PHMU)

Click this link for a kneeboard and detailed flightplan file:
    http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post18307

Hope to see everyone there!

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Here's a handy kneeboard and flightplan file to use on Thursdays flight:

Click this link for a detailed kneeboard:

Here is a handy flightplan file .PLN to drop into your flightplanner:

Hope to see everyone there!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

Just a reminder for tonight's Goose flight in Hawaii:

Bring your 160 knot capable amphibian (such as the Ozx HP Goose or Stingray) to Honolulu Intl (PHNL) for a 9pm EDT departure.
      Happy landings,
      Lazer

Comment

Beech 18 amphibian, cargo variant.

Please click on the pics for full-size/clarity.

Comment

Here are a few pictures. http://imgbox.com/g/yQds2W5qqx

Comment

Hi everyone! This leg was my first event with you. I got some screenshots.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X