X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World lap 5 ---Episode 10: Special Assignment--- An Xmas Story 5

Hello pilots!
    The "High profile client up North" is so impressed with our cargo hauling air convoy over the last few years that he has requested our services again to head north to help deliver last minute Christmas supplies.

We will be departing Tanquary Fjord (CJQ6) on a very challenging flight around the "North Pole". Our mission is to make stops at a few secret locations to pick up needed supplies and deliver them to our high-profile employer. Along the way we will be hauling Christmas presents, Trees, and decorations.
    This will be a very difficult flight around some unforgiving terrain, especially because of the troubles that come with GPS & navigation aids this far north.

This flight will take place in JoinFS

AIRCRAFT:
    Any aircraft that cruises at 150-160 knots IAS will be good to use for this flight. I will be flying the OZx Goose and we will fly at altitudes of 4,000-6,000 feet.

Plan is as follows:

CJQ6- Tanquary Fjord
    ELVS- General Tinker-Boots international
    GNOM- Gerome the Gnome aerodrome
    TNSL- Killer Whalen Jennings Municipal
    XMAS- Rudolf international

Here is a flightplan .pln file for this flight... you will need this file to find your way around the North Pole.
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

SCENERY

Click the link below to grab the required scenery from my onedrive. My apologies, but onedrive requires a user to login before downloading any files:upset::upset:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsFIlxhwmWg9gT5bNnY7oW_VJhc2

Ho, Ho, Ho!
    Happy landings,
    Lazerbolt
    Starts
    December 22, 2017 02:00 AM
    Ends
    December 22, 2017 04:00 AM
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

I added the scenery files and flight plan file to Discord. Anyone interested can get to it by going to the #group-flight-info chat area on Discord.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      I added the scenery files and flight plan file to Discord. Anyone interested can get to it by going to the #group-flight-info chat area on Discord.
      Karl, I find it's more useful to keep the #group-flight-info channel clean with just one (maximum) flight published and detailed there, preferably the next one due to occur. If you really think more than one is a good idea, then I find it's best to have the next one listed at the top. As it is, there are two group flights before Lazer's flight. Like the Twitter feed, I keep the #group-flight-info channel up to date, and will be publishing Chopper Tuesdays there on Tuesday, Short Hops on Wednesday and would have posted more comprehensive details of Lazer's flight on Thursday. Would you mind if I delete your posts so I can edit the channel as normal for the next two or three days?

Comment

If you think that is best Storm, sure. Can you think of a way to make the files available to where folks don't have to login? I suppose I can link them to a google drive account later.

Comment

Just as a test, I tried d/l the above files and it worked for me without signing in to
          onedrive...
          Yours in flight,

Pops :-D

Comment

Thanks Pops! In addition, Karl, we already do make the files available where folks don't have to login. They're available in Discord on the day of the flight - in the same way as you provided them. Normally I only need to upload flight plans into Discord, but special scenery files up to a maximum size of 8 MB are also appropriate. Anything bigger I put it on My Cloud - which also doesn't require a login.

I see the #group-flight-info channel as bringing together all relevant summary information and files into one place, plus a link back to the website, for today's group flight only. At least that is how I have managed it for the past year. Any more information for more flights and I've found that people can, will and do miss stuff and download the wrong files. I'm more than happy to hand over channel maintenance to someone else if it's thought there's a better way!

Comment

Thanks Pops and Storm!

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys! Alas, I forgot to mention that the special scenery for this flight won't work in Xplane. Users of FSX boxed,FSX steam and P3d should be fine after following the simple installation instructions.
                Happy landings,
                Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Here are some pics of our 5th year xmas flight ........http://imgbox.com/g/VrnrukLkQQ

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X