Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Tuesdays - week 11 - Japanese Tour continues

Join me at 9pm eastern as we continue our relaxed series of flights around Japan.

Flight plans: https://is.gd/StormsFlightPlans (both .PLN and .FMS files available).
    Or look at the end of our Discord channel #group-flight-info on the day of the flight.
    Start 1st stop 2nd stop 3rd stop Last stop
    RJFN NICHINAN RJFY RJX4 RJFK
    Nyutabaru Aero Sakatani bridge Kanoya Makurazaki Kagoshima
    Red text indicates special waypoint codes that may not be in your GPS/FMC database.
    * Our first stop is by the road bridge at the mouth of the Sakatani River. Land on clear land anywhere near the Helibot.
    * Our third stop is on the east side of a small coastal inlet, less than 1 mile south of where the RJX4 airport used to be. RXJ4 is not in FSX3/P3D scenery but is still in XP11. In real life, the airfield has mostly been reclaimed as agricultural land and now only provides a helipad. Land on clear land near the Helibot.

Cruise: 80 knots indicated, altitude at pilot's discretion.

Aircraft: Rotorcraft only (see FAQ).

Scenery: Default is OK.

Server: JoinFS hub: 101.165.150.139 (AU) only. Use JoinFS test version 1.4.0 or later if possible (and at least 1.3.6 production version).

Simulators: All welcome: FS9, FSX boxed, FSX Steam edition, Prepar3D, X-Plane.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are these flights for rotorcraft only?
    Yes. No fixed wing aircraft please.

I sometimes like to fly weird stuff. What exactly are you calling a rotorcraft?
    1. It must have one or more rotors that generate lift (so no Jet Packs!).
    2. It must be capable of hovering in place, as well as controlled vertical take-off and landing (so no autogyros).
    Other than that, anything is OK. So in addition to helicopters, you can bring (for example) your Rotodynes and Verticopters.

I'm really new/inexperienced with rotocraft and concerned I'll make a fool of myself.
    No problem. These flights are to have fun. We all start somewhere and you'll find people are supportive.

Will we always be landing at airports?
    Sometimes, yes, but not always. Sometimes we'll land at heliports or on helipads. But sometimes we may land on grassland or a beach, or even on a lake (with advance warning, of course, so we fly with floats!).

Will we always fly direct between stops?
    Not always. Very often we will follow natural features such as valleys, rivers and shorelines.

Will we fly the same speed each week?
    Probably not. You may need to change your rotorcraft week to week.

Will we always start one week where we left off the previous week?
    Sometimes, yes. Some flights will be "tours" and be part of a series. But others will be one-off flights.

Will you be subjecting us to trivia and trivia questions?
    No! Not on these flights.
    Starts
    December 6, 2017 02:00 AM
    Ends
    December 6, 2017 04:00 AM

Here are my pics of another great flight in Fsx Steam. Thank you Storm . http://imgbox.com/g/sNCR8H7LgB

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X