Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Flights: United Arab Emirates (9:00pm ET)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: United Arab Emirates (9:00pm ET)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    In 2013, the UAE's total population was 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates from around the world.
    Established on 2 December 1971, the country is a federation of seven emirates (equivalent to principalities). Each emirate is governed by a hereditary ruler who jointly form the Federal Supreme Council, the highest legislative and executive body in the country. One of the rulers is selected as the President of the United Arab Emirates. The constituent emirates are Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain. Islam is the official religion of the UAE, and Arabic is the official language.
    The UAE's oil reserves are the seventh-largest in the world, while its natural gas reserves are the world's seventeenth-largest. The late Sheikh Zayed, ruler of Abu Dhabi and the first President of the UAE, oversaw the development of the Emirates and steered oil revenues into healthcare, education and infrastructure.Its most populous city, Dubai, has emerged as a global city. The UAE's economy is the most diversified in the Gulf Cooperation Council, with Dubai in particular developing into a hub for tourism, retail, and finance. Nevertheless, the country remains extremely reliant on petroleum and natural gas; more than 85% of the economy was based on the oil exports in 2009, while oil exports accounted for 77% of the state budget in 2011.

Time-zone BreakDown: December 12h, 2014 at:
    9:00PM Eastern
    8:00PM Central
    7:00PM Mountain
    6:00PM Pacific

Flight Plan:
    In final preparation - This will be an airliner flight, so keep tabs on that, I'll have more in-depth information available for the airports in advance than normal.

Target Airspeed: [310kias]

Average Cruising Altitude: 19,000 FT - 25,000 FT.

Preferred Aircraft: Airliners! I will be in the default 737 or PMDG 737.

Something came up for me, I will not be here, Wingman should be around to take over for me.

Comment

Flight Plan

I'm thinking something like this...

Skyvector link [HERE]

FSX Flight Plan PLN File [HERE]

Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Few pics of the group flight http://imgur.com/oxy1mE9,bWQVrao,wXf5BsV#1
        Stearman Baby!

Comment

Departing Abu Dhabi at sunset.
          Please click for full size/clarity.

Comment

Nice pics! Glad we coordinated the flight with a sunset.
            Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

couldn't get that good of screenshots, but heres what I got... http://imgur.com/bM0CNLh,VSrmIWF#0

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks wingman. We made it back just now. I also had to backtrack a bit and take him to Waukesha since his car was still at the hangar, so that tacked on an additional hour.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X