Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time continues: 1789 Cocoa Coast

Hi guys! Looks like its time for another night of delivering cargo in those majestic Herkey-Birds!

Thursday night we will be lending our temporal assistance to the 1789 Bahia region of Brazil Cocoa boom.

Thursdays flight plan is as follows:

SBGL Rio de Janeiro departure
    SBVT
    SBPS
    SBSV

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 260 KIAS at around 25,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction. Many suitable free planes are available from Storms skydrive including the excellent Antinov AN-12 and Howard :http://tinyurl.com/storms-onedrive

Please click this link for a flightplan and handy kneeboard for this flight:
    http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post12574

Hope to see everyone there!

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Hi pilots! Here's a handy kneeboard and flight plan file for Thursdays flight!

Click the link below for a kneeboard containing all of the airport info for this flight:

Click this link for a flightplan .PLN file to use in your GPS Thursday:

Hope to see everyone there!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

Best of Storm's cargo planes for Lazer's flights

I'm often asked which are the best planes from my OneDrive for Lazer's "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

There are 4 suitable airplanes. The An-32 is in Modern oddities. The others are in the Vintage Hangar:
      • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
      • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
      • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
      • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
        • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
        • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Comment

Seeing Storm's post made me wonder how well the C-5 would do...

Pros:
        • Short take off and landings -- Could probably hit all the same strips.
        • Looks kind of like a C-130 (at least over a 737)

Cons:
        • Way to fast
        • Huge, would dwarf a C-130 (you can fit the C-130 inside if you take the wings and tail off).

So yeah... just thinking aloud.. I am NOT encouraging anyone to bring the C-5.
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Just a reminder about tonights Around the World flight:
          We will be departing SBGL Rio de Janeiro at 9pm Eastern.

@Storm: Thanks so much for this comprehensive post dealing with suitable freeware aircraft. With your permission I will include this easy to follow guide in all of my future ATW flights.

@Waterman981: Nope. the C-5 is completely inappropriate because it is a jet.
          Happy landings,
          Lazer

Comment

Here are some High Res photos

Click the photo to make it REAL BIG!

HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
            See my videos Here

Comment

Some Tarmac Time documentation. Great end to my legs on the cocoa delivery operation.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X