X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm's Monday Mail routed in the Kansas City Area

Kansas City. Is that in Kansas or Missouri? … Yes

This Monday we’re going to spend the flight in the virtual world of Kansas City. Spread across two states, the area has a lot going for it. Like most of the central Midwest, the area is often subjected to the extremes that the seasons have to offer. Pleasant weather is not high on the list of things people enjoy most about the area. Otherwise, just about everything one could want in a city is available here. Education, shopping, dining, sports, entertainment, good schools and homes and so forth are all here. Not only are the available but Kansas City is fortunate to be one of the more affordable cities in the country.

Things weren't always so easy for people in the area. Early in it’s history, the area became a tipping point for arguments over the issue of slavery. But conversely there were very few that traveled west on the famous Santa Fe Trail didn’t spend time at the trading post from which the trail started. That trading post would eventually become Independence, Missouri which is currently an eastern suburb of the metropolitan area.

As we cover the area from the air, we’ll get into the history and current dynamics that make KC worth a stop on anyone’s trip through the area.

A detailed 130 mile flight plan is available by clicking the "VIEW REPLIES TO THIS EVENT" link towards the bottom right of this frame.. Our airspeeds will vary from 120 k.i.a.s to over 200 k.i.a.s. I will be flying the fictional amphibious Stingray from Storm’s Modern Oddities hangar. Plan on something comparable, though I highly recommend the Stingray.

This is the information we'll be working from. Clicking each image and the link will give you the information you want. I look forward to seeing you all on Monday!!!

Last edited by Karl; July 28, 2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Airport diagrams for the airfields we're visiting tonight.

Comment

Just a reminder of the group flight this evening at 21:00 EDT. Hope to see everyone there. After the flight around Kansas City you'll all be able to accurately guess what I had for lunch (or am about to ).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X