Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Flights: The Great Lakes (9:00pm ET)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: The Great Lakes (9:00pm ET)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    The Great Lakes began to form at the end of the last glacial period around 10,000 years ago, as retreating ice sheets carved basins into the land and they became filled with meltwater.[7] The lakes have been a major highway for transportation, migration and trade, and they are home to a large number of aquatic species. Many invasive species have been introduced due to trade, and some threaten the region's biodiversity

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, July 11th, 2014 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

Flight Plan: NOTE: Will be testing these Thursday night to ensure most/all exist in the FSX Database.
    Starting Airport: 2P2
    Stops: 3MI2, KSJX, KMCD, CYZE, CPT2
    Ending Airport: CPT2
    SkyVector Link: http://skyvector.com/?ll=45.81989921996329,-82.0520782409857&chart=301&zoom=3&plan=A.K5.2P2:A. K5.3MI2:A.K5.KSJX:A.K5.KMCD:A.CY.CYZE:A.CY.CPT2
    *Add missing routes to the SkyVector build if any legs are missing*

Target Airspeed: [120kias -150kias]

Average Cruising Altitude: 0,500 FT - 2,500 FT

Preferred Aircraft: We will be flying seaplanes for this flight, however it is preferred that it also has retractable landing gears as well for some island landings. The premiere aircraft of choice would be the Grumman Goose for this flight.

New plane available for this flight! An initial release of the Beriev Be-103 is on my OneDrive. I'll be flying it tonight, so download if you want to fly it too or just to see me! Very easy install: just unzip and copy one folder to SimObjects\Airplanes. You'll find it in "Modern Oddities". I shall be testing it more fully this weekend and adding a few things, so expect a full v1_0 release very soon.

This unusual modern Russian amphibian has sponsons built into the wing roots.
    FSX screenshot and real life video:

Last edited by Storm; July 11, 2014, 11:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Happy landings,
      Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Just one shot, of my Snipe and a gaggle of Geese.
        (Please click on the pic for full-size.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X