Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday European Tour

Come join us for the next leg on our European Tour!

Flight Plan: LIPB>LSZS>waypoints>LSPM

Note: The final leg has a few waypoints I added for some nice valley flying. Please load in the attached flight plan to see these waypoints, otherwise feel free to just follow the pack.

Please fly an aircraft that can maintain ~190kts (nothing huge please).

.PLN flight plan file: http://www.opendrive.com/files/M181M...to%20Ambri.PLN

Here is the flight plan for tomorrow: LIPB>LSZS>waypoints>LSPM

Note: The final leg has a few waypoints I added for some nice valley flying. Please load in the attached flight plan to see these waypoints, otherwise feel free to just follow the pack.

Please fly an aircraft that can maintain ~190kts (nothing huge please).

.PLN flight plan file: http://www.opendrive.com/files/M181M...to%20Ambri.PLN

Comment

A handful of screenshots from my Spartan 7W Executive. Please click to see full-size.

Comment

Hi !

Great shots!

Storm, I´m nearly sure, you know all the places to get these vintage planes, but perhaps here you can find something.... The Luscombe is a very nice tiny thing to fly and the E.A.C and the Curtiss Jenny is also nice made and fun to fly... http://www.flusi.info/oldtimer.html

Happy landings!
        Stephan
        Happy landings,
        Düsselwings / Stephan

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz - Asus VII Hero - 16GB Corsair Venegance - GTX 780 OC - 27"Dell UHD, 27" Samsung HD - Saitek Homecockpit - 100% ORBX :love_heart:

Comment

Thank you for your kind words and the suggestions Stephan!

I already make the Luscombe and the Jenny available to people. You are right: they're great fun to fly. Of all the aircraft listed at the link you provided:
          • Luscombe 8 "Silvaire" - Already in the Vintage Hangar of my OneDrive!
          • E.A.C. Eastbourne Monoplane - This is from Classicwings. I haven't tried it yet.
          • North American T-6 "Texan" - Tried it but not my style, sorry.
          • de Havilland DH.82 "Tiger Moth" - Already in the Vintage Hangar of my OneDrive!
          • WACO UPF-7 - Looks worth a try, but sadly the download link doesn't work.
          • Curtiss "Jenny" - Already in the Vintage Hangar of my OneDrive!
          • De Havilland 89 Dragon Rapide - Already in the Vintage Hangar of my OneDrive!
          • Stampe Classic - Looks worth a try, but sadly the download link doesn't work.
          • Farey Swordfish Mk.I - Not my style, sorry.
          • Lublin R XIII D - Not my style, sorry.
          • Fokker Dr.I - Not my style, despite a family connection to Manfred von Richthofen.

All the ones in my Vintage Hangar are free to download. Just click on my signature banner.

The ones that are not my style are usually warplanes. With very few exceptions, I concentrate on civil aircraft.

Thank you again. I'm always pleased to see 'new' vintage aircraft. If you find any more, do please let me know. :eagerness:
          Last edited by Storm; July 7, 2014, 03:08 AM.

Comment

That's a great looking plane Storm! How is the virtual cockpit?....I'll have to install it tomorrow.

Here are a couple shots I got:

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Thank you for your kind words and the suggestions Stephan!

I already make the Luscombe and the Jenny available to people. You are right: they're great fun to fly. Of all the aircraft listed at the link you provided:
              • WACO UPF-7 - Looks worth a try, but sadly the download link doesn't work.
              • Stampe Classic - Looks worth a try, but sadly the download link doesn't work.

All the ones in my Vintage Hangar are free to download. Just click on my signature banner.

The ones that are not my style are usually warplanes. With very few exceptions, I concentrate on civil aircraft.

Thank you again. I'm always pleased to see 'new' vintage aircraft. If you find any more, do please let me know. :eagerness:
              Hi Storm,

pity with these links... perhaps they were moved ... But because they are Freeware, you can download them from my Dropbox, if you want! I had them still in my "archive"...

Happy landings!
              Stephan

Stampe Classic

Waco UPF-7

What about the DH.60 from OZx?
              Happy landings,
              Düsselwings / Stephan

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz - Asus VII Hero - 16GB Corsair Venegance - GTX 780 OC - 27"Dell UHD, 27" Samsung HD - Saitek Homecockpit - 100% ORBX :love_heart:

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                That's a great looking plane Storm! How is the virtual cockpit?....I'll have to install it tomorrow.
                Kalo, the VC is very good. Not quite up to modern payware standards, of course, but excellent for a plane originally done for FS9. If you look very closely you'll find a little fuzziness and a hole or two. But better than the Howard 500, also on my OneDrive. And the passenger cabin is excellent.

There appear to be three model options (normal VC, an alternative VC and no VC) and four panel options (three different VCs and no VC). To change between them it seems you have to adjust the aircraft.cfg file, which defaults to VC2 in all cases. VC2 is so good, no changes are really necessary.

I looked for it because I wanted something a 210-knot-capable, vintage alternative to the Cessna 310Q (and the fictional Sus Scrofa), especially for flying on your Sunday European Tour!

The real plane first flew in 1936 and was designed for the more affluent market. Customers included Howard Hughes, J. Paul Getty and King Ghazi. Its maximum speed is 214 knots (246 mph) indicated at sea-level, though its final approach speed is just 56 knots (65 mph) indicated. It was fine cruising at 190 knots at 12,000 ft over the Alps last Sunday, although its climb speed was slow.

I downloaded it a month ago, and was going to renovate it after finishing the DH-4 mail plane. By an uncanny coincidence, it was renovated by someone else and published on Rikoooo, with 24 extra liveries, before I could even start on it! I tested the Rikoooo version and found it needed no changes. Since the copyright doesn't seem to forbid republication provided the entire package is published unchanged, I have added it to the Vintage Hangar on my OneDrive. I've not even provided any patches because it doesn't need any. But DO read the "REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF" file that's in the folder with the download, and also the "CHROME HAS BLOCKED IT! HELP" file if you use Chrome.

Here's a single VC screenshot I took a few days ago. Click on the pic for full-size:

Comment

thanks Storm, that does look pretty good for payware....definitely looks better then FSX default.

Comment

Originally posted by Düsselwings View Post
                    Hi Storm,

pity with these links... perhaps they were moved ... But because they are Freeware, you can download them from my Dropbox, if you want! I had them still in my "archive"...

Happy landings!
                    Stephan

Stampe Classic

Waco UPF-7

What about the DH.60 from OZx?
                    Hi Stephan! Thank you for those links. I downloaded and installed them all, and tested them out. Here are my initial results:

WACO UPF-7
                    3D model and panel: Very good.
                    Multiplayer friendly? Probably OK. Frame rate seems good in F11 (see screenshot)
                    Multiplayer risky? Low risk. Packet rates around 140.
                    Screenshot (click for full-size):

Stampe SV4
                    3D model and panel: Very good, except the prop, which kills autogen (see screenshot).
                    Multiplayer friendly? Possibly bad when several together. Frame rate seems much less in F11 (see screenshot)
                    Multiplayer risky? Low risk. Packet rates around 140.
                    Screenshot (click for full-size):

DH-60 package
                    3D model and panel: Very good.
                    Multiplayer friendly? Probably OK. Frame rate seems good in F11 (see screenshots)
                    Multiplayer risky? High risk. Like all Golden Age Simulation airplanes, freeware or payware, packet rates are around 680. Anything over 50% of normal packet kick rate (our default is 1000) may be kicked at times of packet rollover due to internet lag.
                    Screenshots (click for full-size):
                    Last edited by Storm; July 7, 2014, 04:43 PM. Reason: Missed out Stampe prop comment

Comment

Hi Storm,

sounds not too bad... Sorry for the "prop-eating-autogen" ... I´ve flown them a long time ago, so I didn´t remember that...

Cheers, Stephan
                      Happy landings,
                      Düsselwings / Stephan

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X