Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haggis tours- AMENDED

EVENT TIME=19:00 EASTERN SORRY FOR CONFUSION IN HEADER.

Hi guys this is hopefully the first of many group flights around the spectacular country of Scotland.
    This time we will be flying to and along the great glen way a series of lochs (lakes) including Loch ness that lie along a geographical fault line separating the north of Scotland from the UK mainland.

We will be departing from John o Groats to the south west to the city of Inverness where we will regroup before departing Inverness and flying along the Great glen over loch ness,loch Oich before flying over and or around Ben Nevis Britains highest mountain at a 4409ft.
    After taking in the spectacular sights of lochaber we will head to EGEO possible touch and go/full stop depending on numbers before heading 18nm to the beautiful isle of mull then to our final destination for this week at tiree-EGPU

I will have a fountain of knowledge regarding the highlands of great glen way and will judge whether or not people are interested to hear it on the night.

This will be my first organised group flight so bear with me if i seem a little rusty as a flight lead.
    full plan: EGPC/EGPE/EGEO/ULL/EGPU

we will be using Defult king air 350 or with a huge thanks to storm for access to and recomendations for:

Sus Scrofa. Better visibility, better maneuverability, slightly faster than the Kingair.
    Stingray. Better visibility, better maneuverability, same speed as the Kingair (though lands slower).
    BD-5. Better visibility, prop slightly slower & jet faster than the Kingair. Be warned: VERY agile.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1FA3A...1B8DB577%21105

(THIS WILL BE A VFR LOW LEVEL FLIGHT.)

Hopefully see you on tHURS 3RD july at 19:00 eastern/(midnight GMT).
    Last edited by edd2287; June 30, 2014, 12:53 AM.
    sigpic

Not sure how to add a picture correctly hope this is ok if not i can send the image to admin and post can be edited thanks. (I made a banner see below).

[IMG] image hosting 10mb limit[/IMG]
    sigpic

Comment

The picture came out fine Edd. I will make special preparations to be there. Additionally, I'll invite all my friends here to join us. As I've talked with you about this flight, I am happy to hear that you can stay on line and join those same friends for Lazerbolt's Around the World which starts two hours after your flight starts. Thank you for hosting this event, Edd.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I will probably be joining, I've just got back from two weeks up in Scotland so I'll revisit (albeit virtually!)

Comment

Edd asked me about free 200 kt alternatives to the Kingair, that are on my OneDrive, that would make good sightseeing planes. I recommend three, all of which can cruise easily at 200 kts (in all versions):
          • Sus Scrofa. Better visibility, better maneuverability, slightly faster than the Kingair.
          • Stingray. Better visibility, better maneuverability, same speed as the Kingair (though lands slower).
          • BD-5. Better visibility, prop slightly slower & jet faster than the Kingair. Be warned: VERY agile.
          These are all available on my OneDrive in the "Modern Oddities" hangar. (Click the signature banner below.)

I also recommend the Cessna 310Q on Robert James Richardson's website at the bottom of this page, though please edit the aircraft.cfg file to change thrust_scalar from "thrust_scalar = 1.3" to "thrust_scalar = 1.0" (under the "[propeller]" section) to bring it to full realism.

The above are all freeware. For payware I recommend the Lancair Legacy from RealAirSimulations, here.

Of course Edd wrote "we will be using Defult king air 350 ONLY!!!" so please check with him well before the flight if you want to fly one of the alternatives he asked me about!

Comment

The aircraft have been amended to include the 3 recommendations in storms one-drive as well as the king air. once again a Huge thanks to storm for allowing access to his one drive and the excelent models there in.
            sigpic

Comment

Edd, I'd be particularly interested in the area covered in this event. It looks to be fun. Early evening combined with summer makes it iffy whether or not I will be there. I will certainly make a deliberate effort. I will also schedule a server reboot prior to this flight as I really try to do it before Lazer's.

Again, great idea. Hope to see everyone there!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X