Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Flights: Ireland (9:00pm ET)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: Ireland (9:00pm ET)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    The island's geography comprises relatively low-lying mountains surrounding a central plain, with several navigable rivers extending inland. The island has lush vegetation, a product of its mild but changeable oceanic climate, which avoids extremes in temperature. Thick woodlands covered the island until the Middle Ages. As of 2013, the amount of land that is wooded in Ireland is about 11% of the total, compared with a European average of 35%. There are twenty-six extant mammal species native to Ireland.

Prehistoric Ireland saw the arrival of humans after 8000 BC. Gaelic Ireland had emerged by the 1st century and lasted until the early 17th century. The island was converted to Christianity from the 5th century onward. Following the Norman invasion in the 12th century, England claimed sovereignty over Ireland. However, English rule did not extend over the whole island until the 16th–17th century Tudor conquest. This led to colonization of Ireland by settlers from Britain. In the 1690s, a system of Protestant English rule was designed to materially disadvantage the Catholic majority and Protestant dissenters, and was extended during the 18th century. In 1801, Ireland became a part of the United Kingdom. A war of independence in the early 20th century was followed by the partition of the island, creating the Irish Free State, which became increasingly sovereign over the following decades, and Northern Ireland which remained a part of the United Kingdom. Northern Ireland saw much civil unrest from the late 1960s until the 1990s. This subsided following a political agreement in 1998. In 1973, both parts of Ireland joined the European Economic Community.

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, June 13th, 2014 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

Flight Plan:
    Starting Airport: EICM
    Stops: EICA, EIMN, EINN, EICK
    Ending Airport: EICK

*Add missing routes to the SkyVector build if any legs are missing*

Target Airspeed: [130kias -150kias]
    Average Cruising Altitude: 5,500 FT - 8,500 FT

Preferred Aircraft: BeechCraft Baron! Carenado or Default preferred.
    Last edited by WarHawK; June 14, 2014, 12:53 AM.

Your starting airport (EIAB, Abbeyshrule) does not exist in the default FSX database. May I suggest one of the following:
    • Start at EIKN, Connaught (now called Ireland West Airport Knock) and then go to EICM, Galway.
    • Start at EICM, Galway, but finish at EIKY, Kerry, after EINN, Shannon.
    • Start at EICM, Galway, but finish at EICK, Cork, after EINN, Shannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Your starting airport (EIAB, Abbeyshrule) does not exist in the default FSX database. May I suggest one of the following:
      • Start at EIKN, Connaught (now called Ireland West Airport Knock) and then go to EICM, Galway.
      • Start at EICM, Galway, but finish at EIKY, Kerry, after EINN, Shannon.
      • Start at EICM, Galway, but finish at EICK, Cork, after EINN, Shannon.
      I also have a suggested flight plan based on the same reason's that Storm as provided here.

-Coast

PS: Some our most favorite places in Ireland was the Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula.
      "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Yeah i was telling the guys last night that some of them probably wouldn't exist, I didn't test them yet. We can probably just adjust it and wing it based off that.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
          Yeah i was telling the guys last night that some of them probably wouldn't exist, I didn't test them yet. We can probably just adjust it and wing it based off that.
          FYI, spawn points at possible starting airports:
          • EIKN: 3 parking + 1 fuel box (finishing at EINN)
          • EINN: 21 parking + 1 fuel box (reverse route, finishing at EIKN)
          • EICM: 7 parking + 1 fuel box (finishing at EIKY or EICK)
          • EIKY: 4 parking + 1 fuel box (reverse route, finishing at EICM)
          • EICK: 12 parking + 1 fuel box (reverse route, finishing at EICM)

Comment

Three screenshots from the Friday flight. The last one is a gorgeous cloudy sunset from Waterford airport, where some of us went on to after landing in Cork. (Please click on the pics for full size.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X