Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANCELLED due to lack of interest by others - Classic airliner hops

Bring out your old vintage airliners. Anything from the Ford Tri Motor up to the Lockheed Constellation and much more

I'll get the details up once I return from Italy

I'm very surprised you thought there was lack of interest. We've had many such vintage airliner flights. I suspect we were all waiting for the details you'd promised. Since vintage airliners fly with such different speeds (for example, the Connie can do 280 knots, the Junkers Ju-52 169 knots, whereas the Ford Trimotor only manages 112 knots), I'd speculated you would do a series of flights on different days, each concentrating on a particular aircraft or a particular speed range. Perhaps if you reconsider, think it through, and put flesh on the bones, you'll find a lot of interest.

Comment

I know the feeling...
      Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
      Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
      B737-800 Any
      CRJ-700 Pacifica
      B747-400 Global Freights
      KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
      :D
      CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
      RAM:8Gb
      Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

I wouldn't quash an idea on lack of interest until the event comes and goes and nobody shows up. Unless you are selling tickets in advance and can get a general idea on how sales are going, you really won't know the outcome until it happens. Even then, the interest may not be what is lacking as much as the timing of the event. I say put it on and those who are willing and able will come. If all else fails, try rescheduling it to a more popular time slot.

Give it a shot!

Comment

Running a group flight that gets the interest of others takes more effort and detailed content than I see in your post. Frankly without it there is no reliable way of determining the interest (or lack thereof) you seem to able to see.

Originally posted by Outlaw31 View Post
          Bring out your old vintage airliners. Anything from the Ford Tri Motor up to the Lockheed Constellation and much more

I'll get the details up once I return from Italy
          I have to conclude the primary loss of interest is not from others, but from yourself. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks to me.

-Coast
          "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X