Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Flights: Guatemala (9:00pm ET)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: Guatemala (9:00pm ET)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    After arriving in what was named the New World, the Spanish started several expeditions to Guatemala, beginning in 1519. Before long, Spanish contact resulted in an epidemic that devastated native populations. Hernán Cortés, who had led the Spanish conquest of Mexico, granted a permit to Captains Gonzalo de Alvarado and his brother, Pedro de Alvarado, to conquer this land. Alvarado at first allied himself with the Kaqchikel nation to fight against their traditional rivals the K'iche' (Quiché) nation. Alvarado later turned against the Kaqchikel, and eventually held the entire region under Spanish domination. Several families of Spanish descent subsequently rose to prominence in colonial Guatemala, including the surnames de Arrivillaga, Arroyave, Alvarez de las Asturias, González de Batres, Coronado, Gálvez Corral, Mencos, Delgado de Nájera, de la Tovilla, and Varón de Berrieza.

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, May 16th, 2014 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

Flight Plan: Still researching best locations.
    Starting Airport:
    Stops:
    Ending Airport:

*Add missing routes to the SkyVector build if any legs are missing*

Target Airspeed: 80 - 100 kts
    Average Cruising Altitude: 500 - 1,500 ft above the deck.

Preferred Aircraft: Piper Cubs! Dust off your beautiful A2A or default Piper Cubbies and practice your tail dragger manuevering!

Since, even flat out at 75 kts, the default J3 Cub can't meet the 80-100 kts target, may I suggest an alternative? The PA-18 Super Cub on my OneDrive will do 112 kts max and cruise at 95-100 kts. Single color, simple model, but two variants: VFR and IFR. That's freeware of course. Payware Cubs I can highly recommend (other than A2A) are from Flight Replicas.

Comment

If you need a flight plan, I prepared one this afternoon that takes us around the volcano's and other interesting terrain.

-Coast
      "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X