Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOONEY BIRD FLIGHT: Eugene OR to Portland OR

I would to thank Storm for leading last week's group flight, especially on such short notice. From what I have heard he did his usual great job.

This week is another "suspicious" operation, flying in or around the valley's and mountain's of the Pacific Northwest. We will be "importing" Oregon gardening products into Washington State using non-traditional air routes . Keep you eye's open for special bits of scenery and spectacular vista's (not the OS) on this flight.

Flight Plan: PLN File

PS: Please read the forum post for landing and departures for this group flight. You will need tofollow the instructions in order to successfully land and depart from our first airport.

LINK: Landing and Departure
    -Coast
    "Having fun with friends! "

Landing and Depatures

Landing and Departure from Santiam Junction State (8S3)
    This airport is going to require the most effort both to land at and depart from as any we will encounter on this group flight. We will be flying low and "fast" in the valleys and following the roads. The runway is short (2800 ft), covered by gravel, and has only one possible approach using Runway 06. The road we will be following brings us directly into Runway 06, but once down we won't have much space or time to find a place to park.

ARRIVAL:
    To give us a chance of fitting a large number of aircraft on such a small airfield, we will need to both space out our approaches for landing and then exit quickly once we do land . Please exit to the right, but try to setup so we can depart fron Runway 24 (opposite direction we landed). This airport is totally surrounded by trees, so we will have to be inventive and cooperative in order to fit everyone in and then get everyone out.

GROUND OPERATIONS:
    My suggestion is a "race track" pattern of aircraft on the ground moving clockwise around the outside of the airstrip, first taxing back down on the grass toward Runway 06, then crossing around the base of Runway 06, proceeding back up the opposite side toward Runway 24, and finally departing one by one from Runway 24 after everyone has landed. This is going to be FUN!

IMPORTANT:
    If you feel you can't land safely, either circle the airfield using RIGHT traffic until you can, or keep flying to the next destination!

Landing and Departure from Columbia Gorge Regional (KDLS)
    This airport is going to relatively easy for our Gooney Birds to land at and depart from. We will flying into KDLS from a valley that leads us directly into Runway 30. We will adjust our arrival runway based on the direction and speed of the wind, with Runway 30 being our first choice.

CONTINGENCY PLAN:
    If the group flight is running longer than anticipated by the time we arrive at Columbia Gorge Regl, we will be stopping here, otherwise we will finish our group flight by flying along the Columbia Gorge to Portland-Troutdale.

-Coast
    Last edited by Coast; May 7, 2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The event in PDF form.

Comment

Please click on the image for a larger picture.

Comment

FX-6300 @ 3.9ghz on a BIOSTAR ta970 with 8gb DDR3 1600 RAM and a Sapphire 7870 ghz edition 2gb

Comment

Happy landings,
            Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

how do i add pictures
              Stearman Baby!

Comment

Here Are my Pictures of the Gooney Birds flight in Oregon to Portland. http://imgbox.com/g/Z790ijVIkP

Comment

I have most of the repaints that everyone is flying, but for some reason they rarely work in multiplayer. At first I thought it was just FSX defaulting to the default scheme as it usually does to try and save memory, but as you can see above, some liveries work and some don't. Frustrating!
                  Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                  Steam Group:
                  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                  YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Thanks to all for posting these great shots. I took a couple myself, which were not quite as good, but here they are anyway.

-Coast

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X