Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Flights: Brazil (4/25 at 9pm ET)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: Brazil (4/25 at 9pm ET)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    Brazil was inhabited by numerous tribal nations prior to the landing of explorer Pedro Álvares Cabral in 1500, who claimed the area for Portugal. Brazil remained a Portuguese colony until 1808, when the capital of the empire was transferred from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro after French forces led by Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Portugal. In 1815, it was elevated to the rank of kingdom upon the formation of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves. Its independence was achieved in 1822 with the creation of the Empire of Brazil, a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system. The country became a presidential republic in 1889, when a military coup d'état proclaimed the Republic, although the bicameral legislature, now called Congress, dates back to the ratification of the first constitution in 1824. An authoritarian military junta had led the nation from 1964 until 1985. Brazil's current Constitution, formulated in 1988, defines it as a federal republic. The Federation is composed of the union of the Federal District, the 26 states, and the 5,564 municipalities.

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, April 25th, 2014 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

Flight Plan: Will generate this prior to flight time.
    Starting Airport: SBGL
    Stops: SDMC, SBCB, SBME, SBCP
    Ending Airport: SBCP
    http://skyvector.com/?ll=-21.99695968507852,-41.42102049916375&chart=301&zoom=2&plan=A.SB.SBGL: A.SB.SDMC:A.SB.SBCB:A.SB.SBME:A.SB.SBCP
    *Add missing routes to the SkyVector build if any legs are missing*

Target Airspeed: [100kias - 130kias]
    Average Cruising Altitude: 2,500 FT - 5,000 FT

Preferred Aircraft: Bi-Planes of any/all types.

What plane do you recommend from storm's sky drive for this flight? There are many bi planes to pick from.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.93 View Post
      What plane do you recommend from storm's sky drive for this flight? There are many bi planes to pick from.

Thanks
      Storm recommends the following biplanes from his Vintage Hangar (in order of decreasing speed):
      • WACO 10 ATO/JYM (fastest version has max sea level speed of 170 kts)
      • Antonov An-2 Annushka (max sea level speed of 159 kts)
      • de Havilland DH89A Dragon Rapide (max sea level speed of 137 kts)

There is also:
      • de Havilland DH82 Tiger Moth, which is the best model but may be too slow (104 kts sea level, 95 kts 2,500ft, 90 kts 5,000ft)

Storm also recommends the following biplane from his Modern Oddities:
      • PZL M-15 Belphegor (max sea level speed of 126 kts - the world's slowest production jet and only jet biplane!)

The other biplanes on my Skydrive are definitely too slow. (Curtiss Reed Rambler and Curtiss Jenny).

Sadly I cannot fly tonight, having a family celebration to attend.
      But since I flew the Belphegor last week, I would be flying the Dragon Rapide this week.
      As with all planes, it's really important to read any accompanying pilot's manual or flying notes first!

Comment

Anyone know the starting airport?

Edit: Nevermind, I see some dots forming in Brazil so I'll head that way!
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
        Steam Group:
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
        YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Enjoying the sights of Brazil from the cockpit of the Curtis SparrowHawk.

Happy landings,
          Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

WOW, The prop is huge, wtf lol

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X