Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing B-17/ US WWII Aircraft Ferry Flight - Leg 1 - Boeing Plant to Fairchild AFB to Mountain Home AFB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing B-17/ US WWII Aircraft Ferry Flight - Leg 1 - Boeing Plant to Fairchild AFB to Mountain Home AFB

This will be a trial run for a series of flights in which we will be taking mainly Boeing B-17's from the Boeing plant in Seattle, Washington east across the US through various states, then to a US military base in England (Base is unknown as of right now). Any WWII era US manufactured aircraft is welcome. If you dont have any add on WWII aircraft, the default DC-3 or P-51 will do. The Grumman Goose will be a bit too slow. The setting for this flight is sometime in 1944, the USAAF is in desperate need of fighter, bomber, and transport aircraft to wage war on Germany. It is our job to fly these much needed aircraft to England to replace those that have been lost to enemy action. We will only be stopping at current USAF or old USAAF bases along our route with the exception of one. Leg 6 Part 2 will end at Akron Fulton Intl. (KAKR) which is where Goodyear built FG-1A Corsairs, a variant of the F4U-1 Corsair during WWII. I hope to see a good turn out. I will be updating this event as the flight date approaches.

Flight plan:
    Leg 1.1 KBFI (ATIS:127.750 NavAid: 116.800 Runways:13R/31L 10,000ft 13L/31R 3,710ft Elevation: 21ft AMSL) - KSKA (ATIS:257.625 NavAid: 115.500 Runways: 5/23 13,899ft Elevation: 2,461ft AMSL) 188.5 NM roughly.

Fighters use runway 13L. Larger aircraft use 13R for departure from KBFI. Take off and steer heading 071° roughly (Course changes will be made on the fly - no pun intended). Climb to between 8,000ft and 10,500ft AMSL (this may also change as the flight progresses). Land on runway 5 upon arriving at KSKA.

Leg 1.2 KSKA (ATIS:257.625 NavAid: 115.500 Runways: 5/23 13,899ft Elevation: 2,461ft AMSL) - KMUO (ATIS:273.50 NavAid:114.90 Runways:12/30 13,508ft Elevation: 2,996ft AMSL) 284.3 NM roughly.

All aircraft to use runway 5 for departure from KSKA. Take off and steer heading 149° roughly (Course changes as needed). Climb to between 8,000ft and 10,500ft AMSL (this may also change as the flight progresses). Land on runway 12 upon arriving at KMUO.

-Note, ALL aircraft are to load in at a gate. please announce the gate you choose so we dont have aircraft spawning on the same one.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Here are a few aircraft I've used in the past you can download for this flight series:

Boeing B-17G: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=44785

Republic P-47D: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=44632

Lockheed P-38: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=40667

Douglas C-47 from Storms Vintage Hangar: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1FA3A...1B8DB577%21484
    Last edited by Outlaw31; April 10, 2014, 01:13 AM.

Please edit the above links to let us know what aircraft each of those are. I clicked on one of them and it took me to the download page, but I don't know what plane I'm downloading. I might have it already.

Thanks in advance.
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Oops, my apologies about that. I had made this at 11:45PM and I knew a few things slipped past my editing. I will have the descriptions for those links shortly.

Comment

Would love to join; I'm a big fan of the A2A B-17... Is the 9:00PM start time Eastern Daylight Time?
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Yes, 9:00PM Eastern is correct

Comment

Sorry about leaving abruptly, Outlaw. My computer quit on me and it turned off. I really would have liked to fly, but I need computer parts to fly again.

Soon...
            Greetings from Dale
            Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

No problem. If enough people show up, I will try to have this flight every Thursday till we finish in England

Comment

This already happened?? I thought it was not until 4/10. I have the A2A B-17 and I wanted in.

(w00t! First post evar!!)

Comment

Ditto! :dispirited:
                  Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by hedbanger View Post
                    This already happened?? I thought it was not until 4/10. I have the A2A B-17 and I wanted in.

(w00t! First post evar!!)
                    No no, Sound and I did a test run of the first leg the other day. The flight is scheduled for 4/10/14 at 9:00PM (EST). Dont worry, you havent missed it yet.

Comment

Would love to fly with you but can't, as it clashes with Lazer's weekly "Around the world" cargo run, now about to start its third lap around the world.

My suspicion is there are a quite a few of us who enjoy flying these old props and who would like to fly both: with you on this run AND with Lazer "Around the world" every Thursday. In other words: you're appealing to overlapping audiences and, yes, we're greedy and want both! :eagerness:

Is there any flexibility on day of the week for your series of flights? I note that Tuesday and Saturday nights are often free...

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw31 View Post
                        No problem. If enough people show up, I will try to have this flight every Thursday till we finish in England
                        Thanks for showing interest in hosting weekly events outlaw! However as storm said lazer hosts a flight most Thursdays at 9pm. I believe tue, wed and sat are open for weekly events if you are able to host then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                          Thanks for showing interest in hosting weekly events outlaw! However as storm said lazer hosts a flight most Thursdays at 9pm. I believe tue, wed and sat are open for weekly events if you are able to host then.
                          Yeah I just noticed that. I picked Thursday because there was no event made for it yet. It has been moved to Saturday at 8:30PM
                          Last edited by Outlaw31; April 5, 2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Ok. So to be clear, it is on for this Saturday 8:30pm eastern?

Comment

Sounds like fun I will try to make it!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X