** Contingency Event ** CONNIE FLIGHT: Vandenberg AFB to Burbank via San Diego

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Contingency Event ** CONNIE FLIGHT: Vandenberg AFB to Burbank via San Diego

Please note this event will be postponed if Lazur's schedules another Around the World event for this evening.

That said, due to time problems we didn't finish our last group flight at the Burbank airport as we had originally planned, and now need to somehow do a supplemental group flight to get there. Hopefully all of those pilots who had to leave their aircraft at Vandenberg AFB, will be able to join us this evening for another group flight. Since it would only take about 30 mins to fly from Vandenberg to Burbank, we will first fly down to San Diego before continuing on to Burbank.

Flight Plan Navigation Information:

San Diego Intl:

Bob Hope - Burbank Airport:

-Coast
    "Having fun with friends! "

The addition of the airport diagrams is most helpful.

Comment

Since we have now returned to the home of the Connie in Burbank California, we will be taking a short break from flying it for a while.

1. I plan to schedule several group flights using Manfred Jahn's excellent freeware C-47 available from Storm's Vintage Hangar.

2, There are also several freeware livery's for this FSX aircraft, and I plan to use the Wiskey 7, an aircraft I know and have photographed numerous times. There is more information about this aircraft at the National Warplane Museum website.

The second photo was taken at least a year earlier than the first. What is different?

3. If you prefer the default DC-3 could also be used, but its less fun to fly.

-Coast
      Last edited by Coast; March 21, 2014, 01:42 PM.
      "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X