Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONNIE FLIGHT: Sallt Lake City to Las Vegas

► We are "slowly" making our way to the West Coast flying our Connie's, and have landed at Salt Lake City. On this flight we are going to fly to Las Vegas with a fly over of the Grand Canyon. I previously loaded some freeware Grand Canyon scenery, which has been used in a couple of group flights in other aircraft. We will start flying almost directly south toward Arizona and canyon country, fly over the Grand Canyon, and land at KLAS in Las Vegas using either

A. Runway 25L -- (14491 ft)
    ILS 111.75 Mhz at 255º

B. Runway 25R -- (10509 ft)
    ILS 110.3 Mhz at 255º.

► I think I have found my theme! Since the Hacienda Hotel operated a Constellation during the 1960's to fly people to and from their hotel, we will be flying a bunch of high rollers from Salt Lake City to Vegas, and then all of us will "staying" at the Hacienda Hotel (circa 1962 or so). You really have to use your imagination for this one.

► This aircraft was transferred from the Air Force to TWA in October 1948. At that time it was registered it as N90831. TWA sold it to the Hacienda Hotel in April 1961. Hacienda Hotel operated it as the "Desert Queen" and leased it to World Wide Airlines, Consolidated Airlines, and Standard Airways, before selling it to Trans World Insurance Brokers in December 1964. McCulloch Properties acquired it in December 1965 and used it to ferry potential home buyers to Lake Havasu City. After passing through the hands of a couple of holding companies in 1970, it was sold to the Pima County Air Museum in 1971.

Source: http://photovalet.com/160294

Source: http://www.air-and-space.com/Lockhee...0survivors.htm

► Finally .... "Please put your tray tables in the upright position, no smoking, or no flying jet aircraft of any kind (only connies or contemporary 4 engine props are permitted)."

Flight Plan:

Please click on the flight plan below to download the PLN flight plan for use in FSX.

"Having fun with friends! "
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X