Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTODYNES / Rotorcraft in the Alps

Get more practice with this amazing, easy-to-fly, VTOL aircraft, this time in the Swiss Alps!

Flight plan (138 nmi):
    • LSGG, Geneva.
    • GLA NDB.
    • LSGL, Lausanne/Blecherette.
    • LSMP, Payerne.
    • SHU NDB
    • LSZB, Bern/Belp.
    • LSZW, Thun.
    • SPIEZ waypoint
    • LSAZ, Reichenbach.
    • SPIEZ waypoint
    • LSMI, Interlaken.
    • BRINZ waypoint
    • LSMM, Meiringen.
    • LSMA, Alpnach.
    Flight plan available here: http://tinyurl.com/storms-flight-plans.

Cruise speed: 160 knots.
    Cruise altitude: 3,500 feet mostly. 4,500 vertical takeoff required from Meiringen.
    Helipads: Rotodynes have priority!

Preferred aircraft: Fairey Rotodyne (from my Vintage Hangar) http://tinyurl.com/storms-rotodyne.
    Also OK: Helicopters, tiltwings, tiltrotors, and other rotocraft that can sustain a 160 knot cruise.

Please do not bring:
    • fixed wing aircraft with no hover ability
    • autogyros (as they cannot hover)
    • anything with any dimension over 100 feet (i.e. much bigger than a Rotodyne)
    • anything that can't cruise around 160 knots (i.e. that can't keep up)
    The skies are wide and you can fly those other wonderful beasts somewhere else.

Tip: :eagerness: Download and install the Rotodyne anyway, even if you don't fly it.
    Then you'll see others without substitutions of inappropriate aircraft.

Preferred scenery: None. Default is fine.

Full flying instructions for the Rotodyne are included in the manual in my Vintage Hangar.

Map and heading table:

Comment

Although vertical take-offs/landings are the norm for the Rotodyne, if you want to do a conventional approach/departure at any particular airport* on this group flight, please feel free to do so: simply announce your intentions to the group at the time and please give way to hovering aircraft.

*Exception: Departure from LSMM (Meiringen) should be vertical. Please maintain Hover Mode until you reach at least 4,500 feet altitude and turn onto heading 031°.

Comment

Please note: we will be using Karl's test server:
        IP address 23.255.207.47
        as the weather is more suitable for sightseeing on this flight.
        Please ensure you are logged on to that server and parked at Geneva (LSGG) by 9pm ET.

Comment

Thanks for hosting another great night of Rotodyning Storm! Heres a few screens:

Good fun! Heres to many more great flights!
          Happy landings,
          Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Thank you Lazer! During the flight, 4d - who was accompanying us in his Chinook - was also kind enough to take a few snaps, and send us all a link. If you missed them, please click on the montage below to take a closer look at his album.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X