X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formation Flying. P-38 Lightnings Only

REAL FSX SIMULATION FORMATION FLIGHT
    This session is for serious, mature pilots only. FAA regulations will be followed as in real life.

--- AIRCRAFT ---
    This flight will require: WWII P-38 Lockheed Lightnings ONLY. If not already in your hangar go to "FLIGHTSIM.COM" and search
    "P-38 Lightning" and you will find several by David Copley, a DGA (D arn G ood A ircraft). Or "fsx_p-38_39th_fs.zip" will get to
    one of his designs.

FORMATION FLYING is a test of your skill. If you are a novice, you are welcome to try it, and follow the directions provided.
    We are flying AFB's around California. Some of the flights are longer than usual in order to provide time and distance
    to form up. When we all participate precisely, time flies by, lol. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the keystrokes
    that control the autopilot as they provide accurate control without overcorrecting.

--- GUIDELINES ---
    These are the requirements for the flight:

1- DO avoid using foul language. The FAA prohibits it, and children could be listening.
    2- DO make sure only ONE airplane is on the runway at a time. (You may line up behind an aircraft that is taking off.)
    3- DO spawn in at a ramp/gate area instead of a runway. If unavailable, spawn in the air and land safely and respectfully.
    4- DO fly safely! In keeping with realism as the theme, aerobatics and smoke effects will be forbidden on these flights.
    5- Do use the taxiways only. Rolling on the grass may damage props and fuselage.
    6- DO take off and land on the runway most headed into the wind. Wind checks and runway guidance will be provided throughout the flight.
    7- DO observe the "250 under 10,000" rule, which means maintain an airspeed of no greater than 250 knots indicated below 10,000 feet MSL.
    8- DO keep a safe distance from all other aircraft at all times (even on the ground). Most participants on these flights HAVE CRASH DETECTION TURNED ON.
    9- DO follow the pattern, runway, and route instructions of the flight leader. You are joining his flight and therefore are asked to respect his rules and instructions.

Failure to adhere to these DOs of the flight will result in ejection from the flight.
    Repeated or intentional offenses may result in further action.

--- ROUTE ---
    NAVAID information such as VOR and NDB frequencies will be provided throughout the flight for those interested in managing navigation instruments.

This flight will be starting at: Amedee AAF Base:

KAHC > KBAB > NGZ > KFAT > KSUU > KNLC > KNUQ > KVBG > KEDW > KRIV > KNKX > KNTD > KNID > KSLI > KNFG > KNJK

Happy Flying

Thank you for hosting this interesting group flight and for so clearly defining the spirit and intention in your listed requirements. Your style of flight plan presentation I read here cannot help but draw prepared enthusiastic pilots to California on Tuesday.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Thank you Robert, I hope so. In TS3 what room do I use for communication?
      Michael
      N526MG

Comment

Are payware P-38's accepable?

If a payware P-38 is used, would that be a problem?

Often a Grumman Goose is substituted for a payware P-38 that others may not have.

-Coast
        "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Payware P-38 is fine. Is it the SU P-38? Grumman Goose not acceptable.
          Flywme

Comment

I don't think Coast was suggesting anyone fly an aircraft that wasn't a P-38. I think what Coast is asking is that if someone does fly a version of a P-38 that you or others don't have, and that as a result you or they see a different aircraft other than a P-38 (for example, a Goose, which does seem to be a frequent substitution, even for other people with P-38s), is that still OK? In other words, is it more important what you as flight lead see, or is it more important what he as participant flies?

Comment

I can't wait for this answer.....
              Greetings from Dale
              Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

As usual Storm is much clearer and more accurate than I.

Yes I was asking if BOTH the aircraft used BE a P-38, and APPEAR as a P-38 to others. If we all downloaded and used the SAME freeware P-38, then this is TRUE. If someone uses a payware P-38 that others do not have, then this is FALSE. The latter is how the graphic representation of the aircraft displayed on the client side works in FSX (called graphic substitution). I should not have assumed this feature was understood.

PS: I can't wait either.

-Coast
                Last edited by Coast; October 8, 2013, 03:57 AM.
                "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

It is obvious that since the limitations of FSX does not permit everyone to see the exact plane that others are flying, without themselves having the same plane in their hangar. It does not matter what anyone sees. One can only hope that there is integrity among mature pilots, that if they say they are flying
                  a 38, and I see a Goose, I take their word for it that they are in a 38. However, if I see an aircraft performing at outrageous speeds or maneuvers, I would hope I have the ability to recognize it is not a 38.
                  Hope this answer satisfies your question.

Comment

Thank you so much for the clarification.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X