Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas For the Virtual Airline

Just wanted to open a thread for ideas or things that you guys or myself would like to see implemented into the Virtual Airline.

Message me in TeamSpeak when you see me in there if you have an idea for the airline, if, for whatever reason you can not get in touch with me, share your suggestion or idea in the replies and I will make note of it and add it to this post with your username next to it. If you know of someone who has an idea or something cool they would like to add to the airline share this post with them.

Ideas(As of July 21st 2015)
    • Members of the Virtual Airline will have the option of having their rank displayed next to their name in TeamSpeak.
    Last edited by Goliath; July 21, 2015, 04:25 AM.

Check this please... http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ghlight=badges
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

I'm still relatively new to the VA, but one thing I'd like to see posted somewhere that I think would be helpful to new members is that VA management would like to keep the descent rate to -500 fpm or less on landing for submitted PIREPs. I've seen the managers have to tell people this multiple times. It might not make a huge difference to people that don't read the forums before flying but it definitely would have stopped me from filing any hard landing reports at the beginning. I'm still new to FSX and in my LJ45 about 1 in 5 landings comes down just at or above the limit. I've glanced at a couple of different VA's and this seems to be a variable factor depending on the VA. It might cut down on some PIREP rejections if we state this and any other VA guidelines in Kalo's post 'How to fly for the Virtaul Airline' or on the VA landing page. If this is posted somewhere that I have overlooked, please feel free to call me out on my poor forumquesting. Thanks for your consideration.
      [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0558.png[/img]

Comment

Well, TK, we are not a professional VA like FSAirlines or Vatsim, so we have not alot of flightrules, just the landingrate, what you have to keep under -500ft/s and a proper fuel calculation... like i said, just for fun. i for myself fly allways for our VA and same time for the German HotDog Air Service, what is related to FSAirlines.net, so there are harder rules , for expl. iff u have landingrates over -100ft your airkraft gets hurt and u have to pay for repair...

And... good Pilots know that a landingrate over -500ft is a crash, doesn't matter hard or not hard... something get distroyed on your plane..... try it by switching your crashdetection on in a single player flight you will see
        CaseyRyback59/Andreas
        Staff Member
        VA-Manager

Comment

I completely understand that this is a laid back VA, which is why I like it so much and think it's great for beginners just getting into their first VA, but I don't see any disadvantage to clearly stating the flight rules, even if there are only one or two. New members joining the VA are not necessarily 'good' pilots, but novices like myself. Not only would it be informative to new members, but it might save the VA managers a little bit of work in the PIREPs.

Thanks for letting me know about the reasoning behind the -500 fpm limit. The internet has given me quite a bit of different information on descent rate at touchdown depending on the aircraft, and some seems to conflict, but generally the lower the better is understood. I do have collisions/crash detection enabled and have not had equipment issues during landing but twice that I can remember where I damaged the gear. FS Passengers also tells me when I break things or land hard, which has been increasingly rare. My 1 in 5 landing problems are mostly with the LJ45 and like-sized aircraft. I seem to do better with lighter GA at slower speeds, but I really enjoy the LJ45 and am trying to improve. I thought I'd throw my suggestion in because I had looked for this information myself and was unable to find it.
          [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0558.png[/img]

Comment

I would like to see pilots prep by adding the flight plan to the server by pressing the enter button, then entering the information in this format: beginning ICAO, space ending ICAO, space VFR -or- IFR space then the cruise altitude.
            This will show up on the main page of the website on the map. Your aircraft will show this information next to your plane.

Here's an example; KTUL KDFW IFR fl250
            You may at the end post that you are in a VA flight or info about the sids or stars. Example; KTUL KDFW IFR FL250 VA flight
            Greetings from Dale
            Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Good reminder... to add to that, this trick works only (sadly) on the Boxed edition of FSX. The command is !f (for "flight plan). A full example flight plan with the command would look like:

!f KJFK KLAX IFR 360 Remarks: Boeing 737-800. GPS-Direct. VA Flight [Flight#]

^- indicates that I'm flying from Kennedy International in New York to Los Angeles International in California on an IFR flight plan at 36,000 feet in a 737, and I'll be following the magenta line on my GPS (I know, not a realistic Jet airways route, but it'll get me there).
              Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X