X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Flights Yes/No

Hi to all pilots of MsFlights Virtual Airline,

There has been talk as to having international routes or not, Some pilot have said that it is an easy way for large amounts of hours to be racked up while not at your computer (a sleep or at work etc.) and this is not fare on the pilots that just fly national and regional routes and have to sit at there computer.
    So do you want international flights?

So far comments I have had are –.
    1) Yes we do but only one flight per route (flight number) per pilot.
    2) Yes but make a new Airline for the international flights with no restrictions on number of times flown.
    3) No we do not need any international flights.

This poll is for all International flights not just YSSY to KLAX which can be left out.
    US to Japan, US to UK, OZ to US, Oz to NZ, Oz to Asia, US to Asia etc.
    1) Yes we do but only one flight per route (flight number) per pilot.
    12.50%
    2) Yes but with new International Airline - no restrictions on times flown.
    43.75%
    3) No we do not need any international flights.
    12.50%
    4) Yes - with a max flight length in MsF Airline
    31.25%
    5) Yes - with max flight lenght new Airline
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Oz-Flyer; March 4, 2013, 04:15 AM. Reason: update
    Oz Flyer.
    David.
    VA Operations Manager.
    SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
    FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

I did not vote because there is nothing that would apply. I think that there should be international flights but have a stop in between so people can't just let it go for 13 hours while sleeping. I know there is some interest in it though so we should have something for those people to fly. I am more of a small grass strip, bush pilot type of guy so I do not do much of this stuff.
    If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

I agree, the choices are limited... Add a Stop in middle option, and you've got my vote...
      HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
      See my videos Here

Comment

YSSY to KLAX is about 13 hours so we just leave that one out so the route would be leg_1 KLAX to PHTO and leg_2 PHTO to YSSY which was going to be 2 routes any way.
        Oz Flyer.
        David.
        VA Operations Manager.
        SPAD.neXt Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

I am not sure if my vote counts as I am a VA Manager, however I do like the International Routes, I think they are an important part of the VA. I like the idea we came up with earlier about limiting how much time you can get our of 1 flight say 4 hours max but if you complete one of the around the world circuits (Northern / Equatorial / Southern) you get 5 hours bonus flight time. The hours accumulated only go toward your ranking, your pilots pay is still on the total flight time recorded.

The other option being we have a separate MSFlights.net Virtual Airline. My idea for this is......

1. Currently for all the red/green (regional) routes we have are to be made only available for the MSFlights.net Regional Airline

2. All the Blue routes (national) and yellow routes are to be put under the current name of MSFlights.net Airline. With this the option to give 50% credit time to the international or full credit at discretion, however I would like to request that flying for this airline has much stricter rules such a no landing greater than -400ft/m will be accepted in a PIREP. This alone will add extra stress to pilots thinking that they can just sit back and rack up the hours while doing nothing.
          "Remember, when in doubt hold on to your altitude, no one has ever collided with the sky"

"Speed is life, Altitude is life insurance"

"Respect the ground, for during the 100 or so years that man has been flying things made of metal going hundreds of miles per hour, and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose."

[IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0041.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8414713730_5a72947ba2_o.png[/IMG]

Comment

I don't know, I personally don't see a problem with international flights. If the worry is that some people arent going to fly the entire route, then I say don't have international flights at all, as I really doubt anyone is going to sit in front of their computer for 12 hours hand flying the thing. There is no real way to tell whether or not someone is at their PC with AP engaged or out back sleeping.
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
            Steam Group:
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
            YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

I would say either have a separate airline or no international flights. It's not hard at all to add another airline, the prefix would be something like MSI (international) instead of MSF. So anyone that wants to fly international routes would create another account under the MSI airline. So then when you look at the pilot list, you would see 2 Kalo's(if I signed up for the international airline); one would have a MSF pilot ID and the other would have a MSI pilot ID, that way we could keep the flight times separated. (or we could have two separate pilot lists).

I just don't like the idea of someone setting their autopilot for a 6 hour flight, while leaving their computer to go out for a dinner and a movie. It's not fair to people who mainly fly shorter routes because they are forced to be at their computer the whole time, and will consequently fall to the bottom of the pilot list quick to people that do 6-10 hour flights on afk autopilot.

Another option I thought of is to only allow a 3 hour maximum flight time. So if someone wanted to fly from the US to Europe they would be credited with only 3 hours.

yet another option is I could purchase the premium version of kACARS (about $50, which I could then distribute to all of our members for free(the $50 covers the entire airline)). The premium version has a special option that does random AFK checks....so basically randomly throughout the flight a kACARS message will pop up that you have to click to verify that you are there :sneakiness: If you don't click the check your flight will not be recorded. Of course this would not work for FsPassengers....so maybe it's not the best option...unless we required kACARS for international flights.

Comment

Spartan - Yes you can vote you are a pilot like all of us.
                As for "no landing greater than -400ft/m" this may not work as I have done ILS landings and KACARs reports 700+ft/m
                Oz Flyer.
                David.
                VA Operations Manager.
                SPAD.neXt Beta tester.

Comment

I chose "Yes - with a max flight length in MsF Airline" because it sounds like it would line up more with real-word scenarios where there are multiple crews.
                  oddıɥ ʎzzoɔıɯoɔ

Comment

Ok....I will vote yes to international flights.....
                    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

Yes, I think if we plan on filling up the states with flights its only logical to have a way to get to other countries. but I think either a separate airline or the premium kcars for the MSI... I have passengers but wouldn't mind changing
                      Justin Johnson
                      XJJohnsonX
                      [email]XJJohnsonX@MSFlights.net[/email]

Any questions about the VA send me a message.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0045.png[/img]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#696969"]Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit ✈ CPU: AMD FX-8120 ✈ RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 716MHz ✈ Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ✈ Graphics: 2048MB Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 200 Series ✈ Storage: 465GB SAMSUNG; 74GB Western Digital; 232GB Western Digital ✈ Audio: AMD High Definition Audio ✈ Antivirus: Avast! Internet Security[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X