kACARS UPDATE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kACARS UPDATE

For anyone using kACARS, we now added the function for you to select your aircraft. This is necessary for realism, because up until now the default passenger load was around 200. This resulted in exaggerated profits for small planes, or losses for a large airliner that could hold up to 500 passengers.

Were starting to make ticket price and fuel price realistic to real world data, so it's essential for you to select your plane from the list or choose one with a similar passenger capacity as the one your flying. (see image below)

This also means that you should try and fly economically, if you fly at 100% throttle you will most likely loose the airline money from using so much fuel.

For an example lets say you fly the B200 on MSF221 which is 38.2nm. With a ticket price of $15, and carrying 13 passengers that's an income of $195. Lets say you use 178 pounds of fuel with a price of $.80 per pound which would total $142.40 in fuel costs. We also have to add in pilot pay and other charges of about $20. So total income would be: $190-$162.4=$27.60 in profits. Now if you flew full throttle, the fuel price would eat up all of that profit.
    We are still working on setting fuel/ticket price, so you may see some discrepancies in pricing.

If you want an aircraft added to this list, post the aircraft name below. If you don't see your aircraft in the list, select a similar one that you believe would carry a similar amount of passengers.

C-5 Galaxy and C-27J Thanks

Comment

Going for the fun 2 passenger airplanes here
      P-51 CIV (it can carry 2 in the real world)
      L-39 (trainer, can carry 2)
      377 Stratocruiser
      Lancair Legacy

Thank you, hope you can make all of these possible
      [IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48621161/CSS/HGPAULnew-text.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJakey View Post
        Going for the fun 2 passenger airplanes here
        P-51 CIV (it can carry 2 in the real world)
        L-39 (trainer, can carry 2)
        377 Stratocruiser
        Lancair Legacy

Thank you, hope you can make all of these possible
        The P-51, L-39, and Legacy are all two place airplanes meaning that with a Pilot they can carrier one Passenger. They are just going to cost the Airline money.

I would suggest Piper PA-32-301R, Malibu, TBM 700, TBM 850(not out yet), DC-3, BT-67, C210T, C206, C185, Constellation.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I added a bunch of them.

Jakey, what I did is added an option for "4 Passengers" in the list. If your flying a 2 seater just select the 4 passenger option. Like Dakoda said, 1-2 ticket prices won't be enough to cover the cost of the fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions, I added a bunch of them.

Jakey, what I did is added an option for "4 Passengers" in the list. If your flying a 2 seater just select the 4 passenger option. Like Dakoda said, 1-2 ticket prices won't be enough to cover the cost of the fuel.
            Okay, thanks. I don't have most of the airplanes Dakoda just listed.

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the work you guys do to operate the VA. Could you please add a Bonanza? I guess you may not have to... I could probably just use the Baron one, right?
              Last edited by WheeledWeevil82; February 13, 2013, 02:08 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
              If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

If you could go ahead and add the Letov Š-19 Kalo, that would be great. I mean, what's the point of flying the Prague-Košice route otherwise?

Comment

Hi Kalo, I would like to see the Airbus A321 (typical 186 seats), or should select Boeing B737-800 instead?!
                  :angel: let 'em fly

Falkensteiner53@MSFlights.net

Comment

lol D-1.

falkensteiner, I just added the Airbus A321.

Comment

Is it just me, or after submitting a PIREP, do you have to select your aircraft in the list and hit Load again?
                      oddıɥ ʎzzoɔıɯoɔ

Comment

just flew two VA flights, and then saw this. I will ensure I select appropriate a/c from now on.

thanks

Comment

Three Planes (just added to my collection :biggrin-new: )
                          JS4100
                          737 (737-700)
                          736 (737-600)
                          739 (737-900)

Comment

Please add Aircraft Title - B1900C

Comment

Hello Kalo, can you please add a Cessna 185 and B-17? Or would the B-17 not be efficient enough for the VA? Thank you.
                              If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X