Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Routes in Australia.

7 new regional routes out of Sydney (YSSY) now on line and ready to fly.
    Oz Flyer.
    David.
    VA Operations Manager.
    SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
    FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Thanks, Oz for these routes and additional thanks to all those VA directors who are breathing new life into this worthy part of our ever growing community. I will resolve a new year's resolution to actively fly VA very soon. Our virtual airline is an aspect of what we offer around here that I have not made time for but that I am now much more motivated to explore. I was impressed and inspired by WarHawK's VA organizational and planning meeting last Friday (altho doing more than listening was difficult because of my cellular based comms). I particularly appreciate HawgDawg, Spartan, WarHawK, you, Kalo and all the rest who develop and maintain the VA.

Hey, Hawg...In that friday meeting in one of the few times I spoke, I misspoke. I asked you to elaborate on discussions we had had on DCS and it's ability to exist within our VA. Of course I should have said P3Dv2 and it's usefulness within our VA structure. Later, you commented that kACARS wouldn't load in Prepar3D version 2 easily and routinely as of now. Let me give that loading a try and test later in the coming week with the TweakFS software that remaps your Windows registry entries to point an FSX install to P3Dv2 directory. I've had TweakFS work for me with FSX installs into P3Dv2 via software installers successfully in the past. TweakFS is proposed and explained in Prepar3D.com's add on instructions near the end of the page here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/add-ons/
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I've got to try kACARS with P3Dv2 also... As it just uses simconnect (via FSUIPC), I would think it "just works" with nothing more to do. I won't be able to try until Wednesday night, so I'd love to hear others results!

Bob, perhaps we need to set up group VA flights to get you going!
      - Michael
      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Hey, Waterman. Yes, please, at least one tutorial kACARS virtual airline general aviation-like FSX flight would present opportunity to ask stupid configuration newbie questions and lessen the learning curve when I don't have very much time for learning curves. That would be wonderful. In the meantime, I'm gonna study the available material and get going...real soon.

Without really knowing how it works, I did install kACARS in P3Dv2 via TweakFS registry editing tool and, at least, the install didn't crash. I have the newest FSUIPC (P3Dv2 compatible) installed in P3Dv2 as well as FSX but not the paid FSUIPC (registered version). I'll investigate FSPassengers forum for hints as to P3Dv2 compatibility also but I don't own FSPassengers.

You, Waterman, are one of the main P3Dv2 counselors around here. Should we redirect our msFLIGHTS.net FSX pilot traffic to Henderson server and commandeer BigBox for a P3Dv2 24/7 public host? If we do decide that, should we attempt to coordinate other P3Dv2 public host server volunteers that I have been in conversation with from Prepar3D.com, individual non-aligned pilots and other FSX communities? If we do assume a coordinating role, should we converse, coordinate and post here on msFLIGHTS.net facilities or take such talk and coordination to FSX Beyond Gamespy forum or Prepar3D.com forum? I'll take this to a more relevant thread as this is off topic and only marginally relevant in it's P3Dv2-kACARS comments.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

great work david!

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
            Without really knowing how it works, I did install kACARS in P3Dv2 via TweakFS registry editing tool and, at least, the install didn't crash. I have the newest FSUIPC (P3Dv2 compatible) installed in P3Dv2 as well as FSX but not the paid FSUIPC (registered version). I'll investigate FSPassengers forum for hints as to P3Dv2 compatibility also but I don't own FSPassengers.
            Sorry for taking this off topic...

As far as kACARS... You are not installing it into P3D, so the TweakFS tool is completely unnecessary and useless. kACARS is a standalone program.

And it works fine. I was able to get a quick flight in (the short 16 mile route in Melbourne). Not sure if everyone can view the PIREP, but here it is: http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpv...reps/view/7150.

So yeah, make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC (even the free version) that supports P3Dv2, and kACARS just works (exactly like FSX). In fact there is 0 configuration that you have to do. You could switch back and forth between FSX and P3D and not have to change a setting.

As FSPassengers does do other stuff within the sim, it may or may not work as is.
            - Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
              And it works fine. I was able to get a quick flight in (the short 16 mile route in Melbourne). Not sure if everyone can view the PIREP, but here it is: http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpv...reps/view/7150.
              Hi Waterman,

Thanks for the update and test flight in P3D PIREP looks OK.

There where some Simulator Paused/unpaused reports was this you or something with the program?
              Oz Flyer.
              David.
              VA Operations Manager.
              SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
              FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

That was me... well, the auto pausing. Into FSUIPC to change some settings, out, back in, etc... But it is completely legit, so the program worked as it should.
                - Michael

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X