Lengthening time events are posted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lengthening time events are posted

I think it would be a good idea to lengthen the time that events are posted on the main page. I've noticed that that with the current system, an event disappears from the calender on the main page as soon as the event begins. That's not too great for late-comers, since they've now gotta go digging through the calender and find the event and its information.

My idea is we have the event posted on the main calender until it's over. This way, people who come later still can access flight information, flight plan, etc. I'm not entirely sure if this would be possible with the forum set-up, but if it is, I think it would be a nice thing to have. It also could decrease the amount of questions asked in Teamspeak regarding aircraft, where we're going and stuff like that.

This has been a known issue with the current software and we've found workarounds for displaying the event for when we want, for the duration that we want using a ranged event type.
    Hopefully there's a better fix for this in the future, if you find anything you can post it here perhaps?

Comment

It has to do with the way the plugin code was written. i can post the code here if anyone wants to take a stab at editing it.

Comment

here's the PHP code if anyone wants to take a look and find what edit's to make for events to display longer: http://pastebin.com/XrUUNXPr

Comment

Here is an interesting option.... Do we have control of the time on the server that hosts msflights.net? if so, what are the ramifications of offsetting the time on the server by + 2 hours?
          HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
          See my videos Here

Comment

well I can adjust the website clock via vbulletin but I think that would mess up other things like post times and what not like the activity feed. This plugin pulls stuff from the vBulletin calendar so I don't think adjusting server time would affect it because the calendar runs of what time you set vBulletin to.

I would rather just make the PHP code change because I'm sure its something relatively simple....for someone that knows PHP

Comment

I will take a whack at this over the next few days. I have an idea for it but I need to do some research. is this just the standard Vbulletin calendar plugin

Comment

A couple people mentioned they wouldn't mind taking a look at the PHP code to make events appear longer on the homepage (instead of disapearing right at the event start time) Here is the code I posted on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XrUUNXPr

Comment

try >= for dateline_from in both places and <= for dateline_to on line 7

$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."event WHERE visible = 1 AND (dateline_from > '%d' || ( dateline_from > '%d' AND dateline_to < '%d' )) ORDER BY dateline_from ASC LIMIT

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
                    try >= for dateline_from in both places and <= for dateline_to on line 7

$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."event WHERE visible = 1 AND (dateline_from > '%d' || ( dateline_from > '%d' AND dateline_to < '%d' )) ORDER BY dateline_from ASC LIMIT
                    K tried, that..guess we'll see what happens with lazers flight tonight. Did you mean:

$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."event WHERE visible = 1 AND (dateline_from >= '%d' || ( dateline_from >= '%d' AND dateline_to <= '%d' )) ORDER BY dateline_from ASC LIMIT[/QUOTE]

I bolded the = signs of where i put them in.

Comment

you can try either.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X