Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unknown Gamer View Post
    I'ts coded with CSS? Huh, never knew that. So this program is all web based is what your saying?
    Mostly yes.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

I looked through the program files and couldn't find any CSS files, just some javascript with little code for overlays and other stuff.

Comment

I also am glad we switched to Discord , at first i was skeptical about it but now i like it and it is free which is great. I myself have not had any problems with Discord.

Comment

We will actually have a backup teamspeak server up in a about week or two. In about a month or so I was planning on having this as a staff discussion to see if we want to keep Discord as our primary or leave it as a backup.

The way we can share screenshots/files with eachother on Discord is what really sells me. I still haven't heard any reasonable negatives of Discord except that a couple people can't get it configured properly. Most complaints seem to be that people don't like the way it looks, which is pretty minor. Would anyone name a major feature that Teamspeak has over Discord for our community?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            That's just bizarre. It was said neutrally with neither humor nor ultimatum. The way you see it says more about you than me.
            Indeed. I'm a Yank.:encouragement:

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
              Would anyone name a major feature that Teamspeak has over Discord for our community?
              Yeah, come on guy's, impress us with something "intelligent".
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                Yeah, come on guy's, impress us with something "intelligent".
                I already did. Did you not read it or just not understand it.... range:. If you read it you should have been impressed. I'm impressive like that ya' know.

:cower: <Ready for the ~feedback~>:cower:

Comment

Would anyone name a major feature that Teamspeak has over Discord for our community?
                  The stereo issue is a major one for me. It appears that it is an isolated issue so I am not too concerned about it.

The only other issue I am having is the tone of some of the comments related to this topic/thread. I think regardless of your view, it is not proper to insult the views of others. Unintentionally stepping on someone's toes is much easier in writing the in person or in voice. Please refrain from making insulting remarks to others or about their opinion or thoughts. (Unless of course you're busting the balls. Then it's okay. Just be sure that they know that you're busting their balls and that they won't cry. Not that anyone here cries.)

Comment

Well, Karl, i just replied to a frase of Kalo, i did not now know that isn't here a serious conversation.
                    Last edited by CaseyRyback53; June 21, 2016, 12:11 PM.
                    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

It doesn't do my laundry!
                      It doesn't go shopping for me!
                      It doesn't clean my my house...
                      The list goes on and on forever.

Ohhh... wrong list. I thought you meant my significant other : P

Comment

Sure, when I get home from work I'll paste in what I've brought up before which was dismissed so it can be dismissed again, as well as some other things that I did not mention before.

Also, real quick - Teamspeak is free, I'm tired of the misinformed individuals posting in here thinking otherwise. If you don't host it yourself (which we did), it costs money, like anything else. If you are a non-profit, (which we are), you don't have to pay for a license, however we chose to have an amazon link instead of a non-profit license, which led to an annual expense of $130 or so, or roughly $10 a month.

Comment

I personally prefer the overall experience on Discord to TS, though it did take me a week or two to get everything right for me.

One thing that I have recently learnt (after attending FSC) from section heads of VATSIM and IVAO, is that chapters of both of those organizations have switched from TeamSpeak to Discord in the last 3 months. Whilst not all chapters have moved, this is a significant development. From what I have been advised there is serious work underway at IVAO about implementing customizations to work seamlessly with their interconnectivity software (eg their version of vpilot / simlink).

Beyond that DCS and StarCitizen communities and faces (eg YouTubers) are moving to Discord as well.

So for my thoughts it is worth sticking with as it seems to be the way similar communities are moving.

Safe Skies

Novawing24
                          Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
                          Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
                          Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
                          Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
                          My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

We will actually have a backup teamspeak server up in a about week or two. In about a month or so I was planning on having this as a staff discussion to see if we want to keep Discord as our primary or leave it as a backup.
                            Really? We haven't done this enough already? This is starting to remind me of contentious state ballot issues that keep failing, then reappearing a year or so using different words but identical meaning.

One thing I think has been under-emphasized is the benefit of stability. Even if the two systems were equally worthy in everyone's eyes, we'd be better off staying with what we now have. People get used to a prevailing system. It becomes part of community identity and of an individual's place within that. They've now gotten used to Discord. It has already become part of the msflights.net identity.

So please. Enough with the discussions. We've all seen both sides already. We've all seen what arguments are compelling and what aren't. The community has chosen and moved on. There's no benefit in rehash. Let's just settle down with what we have. Or do we really want to appear indecisive and divisive?

Comment

@Storm :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
                              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                              Staff Member
                              VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                                Really? We haven't done this enough already? This is starting to remind me of contentious state ballot issues that keep failing, then reappearing a year or so using different words but identical meaning.

One thing I think has been under-emphasized is the benefit of stability. Even if the two systems were equally worthy in everyone's eyes, we'd be better off staying with what we now have. People get used to a prevailing system. It becomes part of community identity and of an individual's place within that. They've now gotten used to Discord. It has already become part of the msflights.net identity.

So please. Enough with the discussions. We've all seen both sides already. We've all seen what arguments are compelling and what aren't. The community has chosen and moved on. There's no benefit in rehash. Let's just settle down with what we have. Or do we really want to appear indecisive and divisive?

Where is the harm in having a reliable secondary/backup voice communication server? What better option is there for those who refuse to use Discord?
                                What could be better than having a fallback server tooled and ready for when Jason Citron sells Discord and their support and service disappears?

It would be running for free off of our web server, I don't see any negative here.

Seeing how the two open members polls have been far too close to comfortably say it's a community decision, I don't think there's any drawback to having further discussion on the matter. We as a community decide what we want to do, when we decide to do it. Nothing is set in stone so long as we choose.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X