X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch back to TS3

Hello fellow simmers,

Now not to be a bit offensive but I know the majority of people in the community are a bit older, and I can understand why they appeal to the discord application more, but I really dislike it.

As a coder and person who is intelligent with tech, I really don't like it. They eye-appeal is nice but it lacks the features. It was a pain to have push-to-talk work with P3D (Launching in Admin mode didn't work, had to look on discord forums) along with verifying an account (Which I really don't see the point in) and other things.

Another thing is the UI, while more eye-appealing, the layout is all weird. PM's don't have their on tabs on the bottom, meaning I have to find the person I PM, right click, then press message (Something that took me 3 minutes to figure out, something simple)

I could go on and on about other things like group management, etc. but iff you want to find out more facts about why TS3 is a better than discord at this moment, google it up and a bunch of links will appear.

Tell me your thoughts.

- Thanks!
    - Pete
    Yes
    48.21%
    No
    51.79%

Pete,

Thanks for your considerate manner in which you outlined and expressed your thoughts. My most significant issue with it is the sound will often switch from right to left to speaker and so on. I don't ordinarily sit around with both side of my headset on but I have to now. Warhawk is the only other staff member to raise significant concerns about it. His views were in the same arena as yours. So regardless of the outcome of the poll take heart that others share your concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Gamer View Post
      As a coder and person who is intelligent with tech, I really don't like it.
      As a coder and person who is intelligent with tech, I really do like it.

Another thing is the UI, while more eye-appealing, the layout is all weird.
      No it isn't weird. That's just your personal opinion.

I'm glad we made the switch to Discord. You may not be. But no one is forcing you to it.

Comment

One thing that is a big plus of Discord is that it is FREE, TS3 is not and unless we get a donation to support the teamspeak server I don't think that we will be switching back. Don't get me wrong I love teamspeak but it is a collective decision and I will support the community that I love so much.

Cube
        [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
        [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
        [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

I am still not a huge fan of discord myself. But Teamspeak costs money to run, and we can't make one person pay that full price each month to keep it going.
          Besides that...
          Verification is actually a GREAT tool. This keeps trolls away and has proven it's self very well. Also, any that may show up will have a lot harder process to get back in. So I have to completely disagree with you here.
          I had no problem with discord and P3D. I don't know why you are.
          Also I think the mixture of younger and older members & staff are about even.

So I do agree with you on some things. It does lack some key features I liked in TS3.
          I also am not a huge fan of the UI. It would be a lot better if the modules could be moved and sizes could be ajusted.
          Last edited by Travis; June 20, 2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I'm on it since the first hour here in our Community and i neve had all of the problems , what people explaining here....Back to TS· is for me like back to the old Ford-T model.....
            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
            Staff Member
            VA-Manager

Comment

PM's don't have their on tabs on the bottom, meaning I have to find the person I PM, right click, then press message (Something that took me 3 minutes to figure out, something simple)
              All your pm's (past and current) are stored in their own section by clicking the friend looking icon in the top left.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                My most significant issue with it is the sound will often switch from right to left to speaker and so on.
                That's strange, have you checked if your headphones are set to stereo or surround sound? If it's set to surround it might get confused. To check, go to playback devices in the sound section of control panel. Right click your headphones, click configure speakers, then try it in stereo or another mode. Is your headset one of those fancy 7.1 gaming ones? If it runs it's own software it might be worth a shot of turning the software off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                  That's strange, have you checked if your headphones are set to stereo or surround sound? If it's set to surround it might get confused. To check, go to playback devices in the sound section of control panel. Right click your headphones, click configure speakers, then try it in stereo or another mode. Is your headset one of those fancy 7.1 gaming ones? If it runs it's own software it might be worth a shot of turning the software off.
                  To the extent that I know to look, they are running as a "stereo" device and there is no software controlling them in the background. (They are USB wireless headsets.)

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                    But no one is forcing you to it.
                    Storm, as a Yank, you're now expected to speak Yank. Ultimatums are rarely received in any form of polite or cordial unless there is humor intended. Telling someone they ain't gots to be here if they don't like it is in the realm of ultimatums. In other words, here in the Yankdom we hear fighten words when we hear things like that.

Comment

I like Discord. I love Teamspeak! Discord isn't bad but it just not, well, teamspeak. I want teamspeak back but that may never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Storm, as a Yank, you're now expected to speak Yank. Ultimatums are rarely received in any form of polite or cordial unless there is humor intended. Telling someone they ain't gots to be here if they don't like it is in the realm of ultimatums. In other words, here in the Yankdom we hear fighten words when we hear things like that.
                        That's just bizarre. It was said neutrally with neither humor nor ultimatum. The way you see it says more about you than me.

Comment

When I first hooked up to Discord, I initially had a hard time getting my mike to work. I was using P3D at the time, but I know the problem was not with P3d. Eventually I got it working an all is well now. I have been a big fan of TS3. I have used it for years. When I first switched over to Discord I really didn't like it, as it was more effort to get it going properly. But now that I have used it for some time now, I do like it very much. I wouldn't say I like it more or less than TS3. They both have features that are unique, and they both lack a few features from the other that would make them better. It is just...well....different. I am sure that after a bit more time I will like Discord even more. We have switched over to it here, so I am making the best of it and enjoying it. I am learning new things about it all the time, so I am really liking it now. With that said, I am perfectly fine with the decision that was made to switch to it, for whatever reason, and if it is decided to switch back to TS3 any time in the future, well, that would be fine too. I look forward to using Discord every day to see what else I can learn about it.

Comment

Hello fellow simmers,
                            As a coder and person who is intelligent with tech,
                            Boy I never thought I would ever hear those two words used in the same sentence "intelligent coder". The coder was always the low man on the org chart. Coders were the easiest to find and the first to be let go when times got tough. I know of what I speak.

-Coast
                            "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Originally posted by Razor
                              As a coder and person who is intelligent with tech, I DO like it. It's simple, clean, editable, and what else hmmm? Oh yeah FREE.

It can be edited. You just need to edit the CSS. You can talk to unknown since he's "a coder and intelligent with tech".
                              I'ts coded with CSS? Huh, never knew that. So this program is all web based is what your saying?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X