X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AIRWOLF View Post
    Why is this even still a discussion?
    Because some people in the community that you belong to have concerns about it. And its being talked about. I think Unknown Gamer did at good job at raising a question for discussion. I think we should be respectful of the views of everyone on Discord. I don't think making comments that sound dismissive is the best way to show respect for your mates.

Originally posted by AIRWOLF View Post
    ... msFLIGHTS.net is using Discord. Isn't it that simple?
    At the end of the day, yes it is that simple. We have taken the effort to switch to Discord despite my vote to the contrary. I do not see that there is sufficient concern to warrant an about face to switch back to TeamSpeak. Until such time as I am elevated to the position of Emperor of msFlights (which I richly deserve), I personally am happy to use Discord as that is what was selected.

Regardless I don't feel that Unknown Gamer's post was folly in any way shape or form.

Comment

So I've read up to page 4 on the 4th or 5th post in that page.

My opinion on one thing that TeamSpeak has over discord is that discord is aimed to gamers... CS:GO, GTA V, and just hang outs. It was never aimed to be a full on replacement of teamspeak in my opinion. It's meant to be a layed back, feature-less program to teamspeak thats more widely aviable if you don't have a big community or don't have the money..

Teamspeak was made for the functionality of many things, along with having MUCH MORE control over what is happening on the server. So along with having much more control, it was also aimed to be much more compatiable with different programs, like flight sims.

When I look at discord, I can't ever imagine (Well it is happening :P) having a full on group flight happening, I picture something much more reliable and widely used, like teamspeak. Just think for a second............ When you think of a group flight or something related to simming, do you think of being in a TeamSpeak server or a Discord server? Now, think about playing GTA V, CS:GO, Garry's Mod, etc. What do you think of using?

I picture using simming habits in TeamSpeak and SOME GAMES used in Discord.

I'll comment more when I get the chance, but I like to keep my replys short and sweet.

Comment

I agree with both Unknown Gamer and Karl. Karl points out that WE are a community and WE don't need to DISRESPECT each other. Come on this isn't a crazy huge thing that we need to fight over. Again that I will continue to stress out is that it is just a communication software. Its not like choosing which simulator everyone at msflights has to play. The point of discord is to be easy to control and have minimal problems. Team speak 3 is meant to have more features and you have to PAY for it. Like I said whenever you have the money ready to hand it to msflights then go ahead but we don't have an unlimited money source. I hope can resolve this PEACEFULLY!

Sincerely,
        Clay

Comment

@Clay-Kid, what does this mean
          TS3 vs. Discord is stupid its not like its Communism vs. Capitalism! There ISN'T a Berlin Wall here! Just drop it. When you come up with the money to fund Teamspeak then we can talk.
          please explain it better!!!
          didn't you vote for TS3 and who should come up with money???
          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
          Staff Member
          VA-Manager

Comment

Why are you guys being so ignorant. Obviously the choice was made that they wanted to switch. And try something new and see how it works for the Msflights group as a whole. Just let it play out for awhile and if the majority of people don't like it then there are more alternatives. You guys can't take change for some reason like the whole world will end if we use Discord. Does it really matter this much to argue over it?
            Student Private Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
              @Clay-Kid, what does this mean please explain it better!!!
              didn't you vote for TS3 and who should come up with money???
              @Casey, Clay used a few colloquialisms in that post. They don't mean what they literally say.

Pending his approval, I will attempt to re-write what he said for clarification:
              "The topic of this discussion is far less important than we are making it seem. I think that Discord is better because it's free."

Note: My attempt at clarification has no relation to my support for or against Clay's statement. I'm just trying to help prevent confusion.
              Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_L View Post
                Why are you guys being so ignorant. Obviously the choice was made that they wanted to switch. And try something new and see how it works for the Msflights group as a whole. Just let it play out for awhile and if the majority of people don't like it then there are more alternatives. You guys can't take change for some reason like the whole world will end if we use Discord. Does it really matter this much to argue over it?
                Keep on topic What do you like most about the two different voice applications?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Because some people in the community that you belong to have concerns about it. And its being talked about. I think Unknown Gamer did at good job at raising a question for discussion. I think we should be respectful of the views of everyone on Discord. I don't think making comments that sound dismissive is the best way to show respect for your mates.
                  I don't believe I am being disrespectful to anyone. I think there has been enough back and forth about a moot point. We switched, it's free and we can talk to each other. What more could we ask for?

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Regardless I don't feel that Unknown Gamer's post was folly in any way shape or form.
                  I don't think his post is folly, either. I think the folly is that it is still being discussed.

Comment

Most of this was only brought up after the hasty decision was already made. Now that it's happened, what better time to discuss? We're no longer under pressure to make an immediate decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                      Would anyone name a major feature that Teamspeak has over Discord for our community?
                      Here's two issues/major features I see:

1 - Per channel chat rooms. Lots of times I can't talk, so I type. It seems to result in some confusion for people looking at the chat from a different room. Sure we could make even more rooms in Discord, but honestly that would cause way too much clutter.

2 - Discord does not recognize individual devices for PTT. Assigning "joystick 1" is joystick 1 from EVERY device I have plugged in. Lately that has been 2 controllers. When I get my cockpit back up it'll be like 6 controllers that I can't use joystick 1 for my PTT. This is a HUGE annoyance to me.
                      - Michael
                      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                        Members who have read this thread: 41 but just 26 has voted allready.....please vote and maybe leave a comment, Thanx!
                        How am I supposed to vote? I don't have a definite preference for either.

Comment

I don't know who will come up with the money. I accept that Discord is free and I still like it but I like TS3 more. How do I get more clearer?

Comment

As one of the older generation, all I want to add is that I'd rather stick with one or the other. I haven't used either for any considerable amount of time, so I cannot say what it is I'm looking for them to do, or if they even can do whatever it is I think I want them to do. When I put in the effort I can usually get computer stuff to do what I want, whether I understand how it all works is another question. All I'm really looking for is something that will do the job, and discord does. We can as a community worry about all the "ifs" when they go beyond being "ifs".

Comment

We are still seeking additional feedback from the community.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X