Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Edition?

So I recently got the FSXSE, and after logging onto the multiplayer hub via Steam, MSFlights showed up. I joined the flight, but there was zero radio communications... Is this normal?? I have teamspeak, and I logged into the TS server that was posted in the multiplayer session description. It didn't seem to me like there was very many people actually on the simulator; they were all talking about everything but FSX or radio communications, so I figured that probably was not the way to communicate... maybe it is? So yea I just wanna be able to communicate with yall over the radios or whatever, so if anyone could shoot me a reply that would be great. Thanks!
    "If you're gonna shoot for the stars, you better wear a spacesuit."
    :saturn:

Hello pacificapilot, and welcome. Yes we have deliberately disabled in-game voice comms in all our FSX servers, both Classic and Steam. Instead we encourage Teamspeak for all voice comms. However, it doesn't mean that all pilots flying on our servers come on to Teamspeak, nor does it mean that everyone in Teamspeak is flying at any one given moment! (This is a large community and there is certainly some socializing as well as flying.)

May I suggest you persevere with Teamspeak. May I also suggest that you put "(Steam)" after your Teamspeak ID, at least for now, and also look for for people in Teamspeak with that suffix.

You'll be pleased to know we're currently investigating and comparing various ways of platform concurrency. In plain English, that means pilots will be able to fly together and see each other no matter what platform they're running. When that research is complete, you may find more people to fly with. And talk to.

Comment

Hello Pacifica,

Sorry you're encountering some confusion. I'll try to help.
      • The voice function built into FSX uses a lot of bandwidth and doesn't work that well. From an administrative perspective, we've decided its not worth the hassle. So our FSX sessions have the voice function turned off.
        • As you found out, we use Teamspeak for audio communications

• Our Teamspeak service is a gathering place I liken to a bar. What you likely encountered was our main lobby. We will often hang out there and just talk. At the moment I am in a sub channel labeled "Other Games MNF". There are 4 of us in there and we're watching the football games.

• Our upper channels are open to everyone. There are 3 channels/rooms available for our users to switch to.

• Once we know that you're here to fly and aren't someone likely to be disruptive we'll assign you to our member group. That will make all of the channels available.

So feel free to come by and hang out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X