Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiplayer: Not placing my aircraft at gate!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer: Not placing my aircraft at gate!

Good afternoon everyone, When ever I try and go to a gate, it says "Cannot place aircraft at gate; starting in the air near the host." Thanks! And happy flying!

This means that someone else is already in your parking spot, your aircraft is too large for your chosen slot (For example, don't spawn in at GA Parking 1 in your 747) or another aircraft is deemed to be "too close" to your parking spot.

Usually going to the menu bar at the top and reselecting your gate will fix it. Otherwise, as soon as you are in the multiplayer, you should start in a "Paused" state. While still paused, press Y to activate slew mode. Unpause, press F1 to slew down to the ground, and press Y again to deactivate slew. The reason you want to enter slew mode while paused is that your aircraft should spawn directly above your desired parking spot, and unpausing will cause you to rocket forwards if you are not in slew mode.

Hope that helps!
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

In multiplayer mode, the available parking assignments are in function, (among other factors):

Aicraft *.cfg file: depending on if it have assigned a specific parking type (some don't have it)

[B-747]
      <..>
      kb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref
      atc_id=N747I
      atc_airline=Global Freight
      atc_flight_number=1123
      atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=CARGO
      ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
      ui_type="747-400"
      ui_variation="Global Freightways"
      ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

<..>

[CESSNA]
      <..>
      kb_reference=Cessna172SP_ref
      atc_id=HB-MES
      ui_manufacturer=Cessna
      ui_type=C172SP Skyhawk
      ui_variation=" Blanco, verde"
      ui_typerole=Monomotor de hélice

<..>

Size of the aircraft: (relationship are less to more ) a cessna can charge on a loading ramp, but a B747 can never load in a small or medium-sized parking.

Parking assigned by the AI: there is allocated parking for the AI and they can not be occupied when you load the game in multiplayer mode. The parking use are asigned from airport development and AI traffic.

Parking position occupied by players: in FSX there are parkings with shared areas with each other. Therefore, although there is a parking free, if there is not sufficient distance to another player who occupy the position, not you can load in the parking position.

Tricks and tips:
      Try to select a "CARGO RAMP". Is possible to load regardless of the model of plane and only be conditioned it is occupied or not by IA (rarely) or by a player.

Select a helipad as an area to load the game. They are not assigned to the IA and have no conditions for the size or type of aircraft.
      [SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]I am responsible [B]for what I say[/B], but not for [B]what you can interpret[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
      [I][B][SIZE=1]Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri[/SIZE][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/B][/I]

Comment

The above suggestions notwithstanding, I think it's rather nice to have to start in the air occasionally and land at the airport before proceeding. On the other hand, I usually fly props and only rarely fly tubeliners, so perhaps it's just easier for me, as well as pleasant.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X