Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you think you know what sea level is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you think you know what sea level is?

What is Sea Level?

It reminds me to never discount the knowledge of people who think about things I don't. Can you imagine spending that much of your life calculating these matters?

At last! Incontrovertible proof that the Earth Gravitation Model is mainly an excuse to sit on the beach in Sri Lanka.

Comment

I've not yet had a real world (versus simulated) instance to necessitate the need to calculate this, but that doesn't mean it hasn't hit my "To Do" list at least a few times. Very interesting as I would have taken a somewhat similar path through the equations. It's comforting to know I'm not such a singular entity needing to figure out the reality of it all and somewhat haunted by the need to validate the mathematics of it/most everything. Granted there are things that can't be quantified by mathematics,,,, but that's only because it hasn't been attempted/done yet, i.e. biochemical responses to stimuli in the human brain. Oh @&*!, I think I just went over the edge. Perhaps the beach IN Sri Lanka is the best answer.

Arghh, couldn't let it go, perhaps an average between sea level at SBMQ in Brazil & as close as we can come to sea level at both the poles + add in an averaged application of a latitudinal parametric slope to compensate for the distortion of the Earth's not exactly spherical shape. but then,,, never mind.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X