Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple from my recent vacation ya'll may enjoy.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple from my recent vacation ya'll may enjoy.

Just took a little trip up to Eugene, OR. We stopped on the way at the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa, ID (Check out their virtual tour, it's pretty sweet!). They had a stunning amount of historical military artifacts, most with a personal Idaho attachment. I of course had to take a picture of one of their P-40's...

I didn't see their other one ("Parrot Head"), but the interesting thing about them is it seemed like most were ready to be wheeled out and filled up. A lot of the planes had oil drip pans under them. So it was probably off at an airshow somewhere.

In Eugene we also went to the Oregon Air & Space Museum. Much smaller, but the nice thing was tons of planes had ladders so you could climb up and look inside, including an A-6 Intruder. Two that caught my eye's were the BD-5,

and the QAC Quickie, designed by Burt Rutan.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Great pictures more of us ought to do stuff like this and share it, it's great to see the different array of aircraft that some of these museums have in their collection, and it's always a cherry on top when they're in flying condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
      ... ladders so you could climb up and look inside, including an A-6 Intruder. Two that caught my eye's were the BD-5...
      Funny that you mentioned the BD-5 right after "ladders".

Comment

Originally posted by karlh View Post
        Funny that you mentioned the BD-5 right after "ladders".
        Very true! I was actually kind of surprised at just how small that thing was.
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Can make the Quickie look positively extensive by comparison, lengthwise at least, although some BD-5 variants have wider wingspan.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X