•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas FSExpo 2018 (Jun 8-10)

Caption for this one anyone?

Comment

Apple Store guy thinks you can do flight simming on a Mac better than Windows

Comment

Karl, Dead Stick is next to the Jet Stream booth in #704 I believe. Enjoy your time. Looks like you guys are having fun.

Comment

Some of my cell phone snapshots on Discord at Saturday, 5:44 pm (17:44) PDT time sequence.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
            Some of my cell phone snapshots on Discord at Saturday, 5:44 pm (17:44) PDT time sequence.
            Don't see any pix Bob.

Comment

End of Day 1 and the real day of the Expo. Many pluses to the event over Hartford but definitely some drawbacks.It was a long day walking on concrete floors. I think after yesterday's walking around the Hoover Dam it is just too much concrete walking for my. I'm a bit achey

No super big news from the conference this year. X-Plane 11 is definitely the dominating force in the arena. One developer, FlyJSim is owned by this guy that makes study level airliners. He has been a one man show for several years. Since last year he has added 4 employees and looked like a busy CEO. Quite the transformation! I can only assume that it is due to increased demand and revenue from his work.

DeadStick is definitely an early alpha product. The demo cub flew more like an FSX plane than an X-plane or DCS plane. Visually it was quite stunning.The modeling on the structures in the scenery, the interior of the aircraft and the exterior of the aircraft were superb IMO. The terrain has a pre-alpha look. The visualazation of the fog and mist were by far the best that I've seen in a sim. It will be different from our normal sims in that the flyable world will be limited. This gives the developer access to run the geography engine with better graphics than an engine that has to manage a larger area. In the respect I would expect to see something more like MS Flight. Speaking of which something I noticed in the pre-alpha product was dynamic movement of grass and brush in the area around the aircraft. I didn't see it with the trees but I imagine that will be added. VR support is a definite core part of the sim in addition to traditional monitor displayed graphics. They are hoping to go to beta by the end of the year but 2019 might be more realistic.

Evan was very excited to see several msFlights members there. He has fond memories of out cross community group flight. He introduced me to a guy named AJ who is partnered with the developer of vPilot in creating the next cross platform connection software. It will be called ProCon which is short for ProConnect I suppose.. Like vPilot is will be free. The main goal is to address the lag and smoothness issue. They too are hoping to be in beta in the next few months. I offered our group for assistance in beta testing.

I typed this on my laptop sitting out on the dark balcony at the timeshare that Bob has so graciously provided for us to use. I've corrected several spelling errors. I am sure there are others and I am posting the first draft.

If you have any questions let one of us know sooner rather than later as the show will be wrapping up as the day goes along on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Don't see any pix Bob.

I'm not having much luck posting the requested pictures, then. I posted 9 snapshots with captions in Discord lobby-chat and checked their integrity on the posting computer at the new house. When reading your "no pix" comment, I rechecked the pictures' existence on BigBox Discord at the old house and found said pix normal and visible, just as I had posted them. The pix are on Discord lobby-chat because I continued to receive an illogical error message when trying to post, resize or anything photographic on this forum website just prior to my Discord lobby-chat posting "plan B".

I trust the pix are there on Discord as Lazer gave me a "thumbs up" click at the end of the photo sequence.

I'll consult with you at the timeshare when I arrive early to accompany the group to the Flamingo for tomorrow's events.

I appreciate your narrative and anecdotes in your post # 7 in this thread. Thanks.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X