Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling in love with xplane 10.

Hello everyone! Pilotman here wishing everyone a good saturday! Recently, I've been messing around with XP-10 now I know what you're thinking; "X-plane isn't good." Well, that's not so true, I just had an amazing flight from KAPC to 0Q9 in XP-10 and with 1 freeware Piper Cub and a Payware shader program, Xplane really starts to shine. This is just my short little comment on how xplane can really look good with the littlest addons.

These pictures are 100% unedited outside of the game.
    Last edited by Pilotman11; October 19, 2014, 12:51 AM.

Originally posted by Pilotman11 View Post
    Hello everyone! Pilotman here wishing everyone a good saturday! Recently, I've been messing around with XP-10 now I know what you're thinking; "Ew X-plane is gross and bad." Well, that's not so true, I just had an amazing flight from KAPC to 0Q9 in XP-10 and with 1 freeware Piper Cub and a Payware shader program, Xplane really starts to shine. This is just my short little comment on how xplane can really look good with the littlest addons.

These pictures are 100% unedited outside of the game.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3062[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3065[/ATTACH]
    "X-Plane is gross and bad"
    Who would think that?! It's just the fact that it costs us 70 gigs to have the whole world that FSX is a lot better in terms of space. Not all of us have 2 TB hard drives. :P
    Cheers,

Yours Truly

Comment

I think trying to solve the question of XPlane v FSX might be superceded by discussions that would be more likely to yield a definitive answer. Such as sour cream or butter on a baked potato, A KC strip or a NY strip for steak. Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb as a beverage.

Now that I think about it I see that it must be time for dinner. I'll take this up again later

Comment

I remember trying x-plane, which claims to be the most realistic flight simulator. I remember flying their demo 747 and noticing that, from my professional experience, it flew just like a 737. At that point I uninstalled it; I could do without that kind of realism. YMMV.

Comment

I have had X-Plane 10 for a while (I'm just now starting to be able to run it) and there is really no way to say which is better. It really depends on what you are looking for.
          -Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            I remember trying x-plane, which claims to be the most realistic flight simulator. I remember flying their demo 747 and noticing that, from my professional experience, it flew just like a 737. At that point I uninstalled it; I could do without that kind of realism. YMMV.
            That's not what X-P is for. It's great for GA aircraft.
            Cheers,

Yours Truly

Comment

Originally posted by Yours Truly View Post
              That's not what X-P is for. It's great for GA aircraft.
              Then why would they give you a 747 to evaluate it with? And why would that encourage me to pay for a product that claims to be the most realistic but that I found to be not so? After an experience like that, do you think I'm likely to believe they'll get GA right?

I've been a real-world pilot of GA aircraft, an amateur FSX pilot of mostly GA and other prop aircraft, and a professional commercial jet simulator pilot and engineer (now retired). You say that x-plane is great for GA, but it seems I'd have to pay real money to find that out. You can understand why I'm reluctant to do so if their showpiece demo plane does not meet my standards.

However, the world is wide, and needs and tastes vary. Doubtless x-plane suits many. Diversity is good.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X