Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin/Aerobatic's FSX problem

As some of you may know, I bought my FSX Gold Edition through Marketplace on the Internet. When you do that it also installs a program called Games for Windows LIVE. this is where the FSX installs at. well lately i have been trying to make my FSX run faster and so i decided to uninstall the whole program. and when I went to uninstall it on Games for Windows LIVE it corrupted. So now i Can not reinstall FSX. Which means i can not play. I was Wondering if anybody would be willing to send me their FSX Gold/Acceleration Disks for about a Week so i could install the game, because i still have my Product key. Then I would send your disks back to you. I dont have a lot of money but i would be willing to pay somebody $10 or $15 to let me borrow thier disks so i could get FSX back on my computer.

Do you still have both keys (FSX and Acceleration)? If it's a single key it may be a different product. I'm surprised the installer didn't keep a copy of the install files somewhere in the hard drive... Although I guess it doesn't do it for MSFlight either.

I would think it would be best to get copies of the disks that you can keep permanently, provided you have both keys already. Of course it's only $25 for a new boxed copy... http://msflights.net/forum/content.p...store&tabid=41 Just $10 more than your offer for disks, that's going out to eat fast food once.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

yes but we dont use credit cards and plus i am really short on money right now

Comment

Originally posted by AerobaticPilot69 View Post
        yes but we dont use credit cards and plus i am really short on money right now
        There is always the local Best Buy.
        [B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
        walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
        for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I had this exact same problem before. Back up your important files, and reformat your computer. You'll get better FSX performance overall, you can better manage your dlc for FSX, and you will be thankful that it happened.

I was getting unofficial support from a GFWL rep for a few hours, even though he wasn't supposed to be supporting me, this was the best choice since it's ingrained in the registry to no repairable state.

Comment

If you still have the product key, I would honestly recommend just downloading the .iso files from somewhere and burning them to disc so you have backups for the future.

Only if you have a legit product key though and actually purchased it.
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
            Steam Group:
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
            YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Yes I for sure did buy it and i looked for a torrent earlier but did not have any luck finding the one i needed and thank you Warhawk i will have to check with my dad because it is the family's computer not just mine

Comment

Aerobatic, I have a copy of Deluxe and acceleration but you would have to provide the keys. Let me know if you need them.
                HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
                See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X