Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website scheduled maintenance

Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know the website MAY be down for up to 72 hours, probably starting on either Friday or Saturday. I am switching the website to a new host/server for a few reasons, and unfortunately DNS propagation may take up to 72 hours. Depending on your location, you may see the new website in as little as two hours. Please use Discord during this period for communication. The website will also be getting a visual+backend update during this time.

Also for Virtual Airline pilots, please make sure the new website is running before submitting PIREPS.

"When you update the nameservers for a domain, it may take up to 24-72 hours for the change to take effect. This period is called DNS propagation.

In other words, it is a period of time ISP (Internet service provider) nodes across the world take to update their caches with the new DNS information of your domain.

Due to DNS caches of different levels, after the nameservers change, some of your visitors might still be directed to your old server for some time, whereas others can see the website from the new server shortly after the change."

update: The VA website is on the new server, but I was not able to get the main website setup to my liking yet (there were a couple little things I could not get quite just rite yet). I'm hoping to finish it this week. Also to get the SSL certificate setup I'm afraid the site will be down for 2-3 days when I start the process.

Comment

Thanks Kalo For the update.
      Oz Flyer.
      David.
      VA Operations Manager.
      SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
      FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

Thanks Kalo. Please let us know exactly when the outage will occur. Meanwhile I suggest all flight leads post full details in #group-flight-info.

Comment

I plan on switching the site over tomorrow in the afternoon, expecting it to be down for up to 3 days if the DNS propagation actually takes that long. Sorry for the inconvenience, I think being with a high quality host from here on out will be worth the downtime.

Comment

Hi Kalo, the website "http://msfairways.net/home/" will not open with the error "You are not running PHP 5+" and kACARS will not connect eather...
            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
            Staff Member
            VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
              Hi Kalo, the website "http://msfairways.net/home/" will not open with the error "You are not running PHP 5+" and kACARS will not connect eather...
              Sorry, I was testing the site last nite and forgot to turn it back on

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X