X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent problem for me...been going on for years for others

Hi,

Within the last month I've started getting "Nvidia Driver Kernal has stopped responding and recovered" errors. A google search shows this has been a problem since at least version 310. I've tried a lot of the solutions I've found online, chatted with tech support (did you reboot?) and it still occurs, mostly as the cloud cover comes closer to overcast in Active Sky Next. Clear skies...no problems with my display settings. I'm not sure if it is the particular aircraft, or what. I haven't really added anything other than updating the driver, fresh install and everything...

Anyone heard of anything that'll help short of reducing all the sliders for the scenery etc. ?

I've had that problem before, and for me it ended up just being the particular version of nvidia drivers. I rolled back to an older version, and the problem went away.

Comment

Did you do the nvidia cleanup by using the DDU tool and do the cleaning in the save mode ? when u are in the save mode before start the cleanup, select right hand in the DDU window the block windows update button first6 , than start the cleanup.
      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
      Staff Member
      VA-Manager

Comment

How old a version are we talking, and is there a convenient spot to find such drivers?

I did do the cleanup as described using DDU tool, which is what the tech guys told me to do. I also turned off windows update, as a popup continues to remind me...even though it did update itself the other night anyhow....

Comment

whats you spec's, CPU, GPU ect.. Ahh and what FS and scenery addons?
          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
          Staff Member
          VA-Manager

Comment

AMD 6 core, 4 MB ram, GeForce 560ti

it's almost just a stock steam edition. I've added that tree removal scenery that Mike introduced us to, Lap 4 Back in Time scenery, some of the star wars addons from the group flights, and then just an update to Nellis AFB from MAIW.

Added aircraft are only those needed for simlink and some of the flyable group flight suggestions: updated 747, C97, Section F86 (from FS9), Spartan executive (from FS9), icon, stingray, trimotor, tiger moth, and the X and Y wings.

None of the scenery or aircraft have been added since I reinstalled after a hard drive crash last Octoberish. The Kernal problem has popped up in the last month or so.

And to get the weather working better Active Sky Next. (I was finding areas in Canada that had air temperatures of 80 C.)

Comment

Well, your GPU is an old(sorry, mean by technologie) and i would agree with the comments of N85988 to try do find your last working NV driver here...

www.nvidia.com/download/Find.aspx?
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

yes the GPU is old, I was building on a budget years ago...the system overall is monsters available for upgrading...when the budget appears. I've heard driver version 310 was good. Maybe for Christmas Santa will bring some ram and a new GPU.

Comment

I have a NVidia 650Ti/OC with 2g memory I can send you. Works just fine, I just upgraded to a 970 not too long ago. Be glad to send it to you.

Comment

Thank you for the offer, but I'll pass on the 650 for now.

I did get 310.33 installed, but new problem...NVidia profile inspector now has a .NET error and won't function. I have no idea what is going on now...

Comment

If you installed the drivers with the GeForce Experience package included, try un-installing the GeForce Experience package, or re-install the drivers but without the GeForce Experience package. That package does require the .net software in order to run properly.

Comment

Go to nvidia.com and download the driver from there. When you go to install it do the custom install rather than express install. Than select the check box at the bottom to do a clean install. It will delete all drivers and the gforce experience and reinstall them.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X