Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightSimCon 2018

Plans are underway for FSC 2018. A video posted by AirDailyX yesterday announced a clear rumor that the event might be held in a different part of the country. Where?

He mentioned Las Vegas! Yeah baby! I've never been to Vegas.

https://youtu.be/E0q6Dnj8tDA

Cool info, Karl. Thanks. I reside in Henderson, 10 minutes from the Strip. If this FlightSimCon location comes to pass, may I extend any and all hospitalities that are within my power and that would facilitate a good time to any of my old friends (or friends I have yet to meet) that may attend?
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Well if it does wind up being in Vegas may I toss my name in the lottery?

Comment

I think Vegas may be a great location. Flights are generally cheap to Vegas. As for the rest of it, I am not sure. But the flights may be enough alone to double the attendance to FSC18

Comment

It may not be the only possibility. It may stay where it was. It may stay just for another year. It may move to Vegas. It may move somewhere else. It's not even beyond the bounds of possibility that venues close or very close to where I'm typing this may be considered. There have been, and there will be, strong arguments all round. Who knows? We'll see. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            It may not be the only possibility. It may stay where it was. It may stay just for another year. It may move to Vegas. It may move somewhere else. It's not even beyond the bounds of possibility that venues close or very close to where I'm typing this may be considered. There have been, and there will be, strong arguments all round. Who knows? We'll see. Time will tell.
            You forgot Mars. It might be on Mars. Oh no wait, that would ED Con 18.

Comment

I would be unbelievably surprised if FSC moved to Vegas in 2018, a move is not out of the question, but do keep in mind BVA(RTCC) started Flight Sim Con, so seeing it move out of the ARTCC would be very odd. That's not to say it's out of the realm of possibility, but until participation exceeds 1, or 1.5 k people I don't see the move making logistical sense either.

Evan(our Training Administrator, and one of the key FSC organizers) talks about it briefly here: https://youtu.be/axGJ0yaA-fc?t=49m9s

TL;DW: If FSC moves to a bigger city the event is going to be exponentially more expensive for the attendees, and the conference itself, venue price goes up substantially, as does hotel, and travel to/from the airports.

EDIT: added a "Too Long Didn't Watch", and some wording.
              [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
              [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X