Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP11 - 1st night flight

I left Kansas City around dusk and flew about an hour to the southwest to KHUT (in the area of Wichita, KS of Hawgdawg notoriety)

I took one screenshot once in level flight. I noticed the flying into the sun in clear skies the lighting was in your face brighter. Not as bad as real life but certainly more lifelike than FSX/P3D.

I didn't get any shots of the approach or landing. Not having any real tools other than what was in the virtual cockpit I was pretty busy that last few minutes ensuring I was where I wanted to be at the speed and altitude that I wanted to be. Again, much more life like than FSX/P3D. Depending on perspective, that is good and bad. :dog:

Once it gets dark, the out of the box night environment is very dark. Much more so than FSX/P3D. For a brief moment on final I got that real world panic for a moment when the lack of visual cues aside from runway lights made me unsure of my altitude. I've had that exact same "Oh crap" feeling landing at night in real life.

Another positive GA experience with XP11.

A final thought: One thing I did notice is that with the limiting conditions I instinctively was much more patient letting the aircraft settle on the ground resulting in one of the smoothest at stall speed landings that I can recall on a PC. Something I will keep in mind in the future as a takeway lesson.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X