Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Info?

Hi all, I found this quite by accident and found it interesting. Thought I might share it here. ---> http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-america.html
    Yours in flight,

Pops :-D

It is interesting Pops. Thank you! I believe we talked about these "strange arrows" at some point during our Monday Mail Run series back in 2014. It's part of our American aviation heritage.

Comment

It would be neat if some aviation enthusiasts could re-build the tower beacons for historical purposes and for some fun navigation

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
        It would be neat if some aviation enthusiasts could re-build the tower beacons for historical purposes and for some fun navigation
        There are certainly enthusiast groups searching out and cataloging these things. For example, see Arrows across America. And there are several other detailed articles around on the arrows and beacons, for example: Concrete Arrows and the U.S. Airmail Beacon System.

If you're interested in other topics of aviation history that you can investigate directly in the American landscape, you'll probably enjoy Paul Freeman's labor of love website: Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X