A cross-community discussion thread-FSX Steam server(s) disconnection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have all my settings on as minimal as possible with frame rates on the lowest setting I can.

That too may help.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Yes, I've got all settings at lowest. Didn't see a point in wasting CPU resources.

Comment

Weelllll... The server is still up overnight which it frequently isn't.

I did get a result from the packet sniffer.

But, strangely enough, 192.168.0.255 is the 'broadcast address' for the LAN side.

I wouldn't have thought changing the router port forwards would have much effect here but I'm not 100% familiar with the broadcast address and how it works in real life.
        Last edited by algaeholics; November 9, 2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

27036 is I believe a port used by the Steam client.

I used this for my server status script.
          It is used if the Steam client is open FSX doesn't have to be.

Maybe Steam checks this port periodically and if no response disconnects the game?
          I'm just guessing though.

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing too. It's stable at the moment anyways.

Comment

BigBox FSX Steam and TacPack server in Henderson, NV has been exiting operating system to a stalled state frequently lately. The remedy-reset is to locally power down with a quick intermittant press of the computer power button which reboots to a functional state, ready to again accommodate the TeamViewer server admins.

I am currently away from Henderson, first in Long Beach, CA and then again back to Seattle area for another couple of weeks. I will be able to personally attend BigBox and attempt a more permanent fix or bring on-line a different server shortly before American Thanksgiving. Until my permanent return to Henderson, my wife, Honey, or my son, Blizzard29, have been tutored in server power reset and, at server admin's request, have volunteered to share their cell phone numbers with that limited and trustworthy group for these reset purposes. For now, contact my cell indicating TeamViewer logon problems and I will contact whichever resource may be at the house at such time. You all have my cell number, talk or text. If you don't have my cell number and have legitimate reason to TeamViewer access BigBox, get my cell number from any number of staff or forum PM me and I will accommodate.
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Just to advise that the problems of disconnects still remain despite unblocking the ports suggested.

Comment

In that case if your connection is good (ports open and enough bandwidth) which I know yours is, the only other reason I know about is the ammount of aircraft in the session. This would include spawns.
                  More aircraft, more CPU arrgh can't cope, disconnect.

The program I sent you isn't perfect as it let's a few slip through, if I get time to improve it I'll pass it on.

Comment

I've been running it on half of an i7 with 8GB inside a VMWare recently and it does sometimes 'freeze' insofar as I get the spinning circle for indeterminate lengths. It does sometimes disconnect due to this issue (which makes itself quite obvious) even though the CPU is far from overused. I guess that's just FSX being stoopid!

However, it can disconnect within 5 minutes of a restart so the above is not the only reason.

If the 'spawns' could be removed Andy then it will hopefully alleviate the 'freezes'.

For info, I've got 20MB Up.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

These last 3 days, it's been falling over regularly after 17:00UTC - sometimes with as little as five minutes between issues.

I'm wondering if there is some aircraft that someone is trying to use that is causing this?

Comment

Have you noticed any spawns Tim before it goes?

Comment

I would need to watch everything 24/7 to know, so I can't really say sir.

Comment

I think to find a solution to this issue (which all groups have had since the beginning) is a major task.

My gutt feeling is that it is related to the amount of aircraft (spawned or not) in a session.
                            I also noticed one group shutting it's doors recently due to them saying they had suffered DDOS attacks.
                            Solutions I can think of are software that will remove any aircraft that isn't assigned a multiplayer name or simply pilot clients which let's the end user control what they see.

I'd love to create the first and know I've come close, but my usual excuse of having less time to do such things has stopped me developing anything of use.
                            Maybe somebody else could create something?
                            If multiplayer name =null remove aircraft.

Comment

If multiplayer name =null remove aircraft.

It (and I) would do the job, but sadly, my knowledge of interfacing with SimConnect is a big fat zero.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X