Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Navmap

I've run across a Plan G replacement. Like Plan G it is free but unlike Plan G it works better, is faster and offers more working maps.
    The link is: http://albar965.github.io/index.html
    Check it out and say what you think about it.
    MartyPK

Nice Tool, works great, creating the Data Base needs time depent, how much scenery u have installed(in my case,25min). Works on a separate PC . All about is in the Help tab under Content.

CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

A quote from Alexander Barthel the creator of the Little Navmap,
      "Showing AI and network traffic is planned for the next major release. The release after the current beta cycle will contain only bug fixes."

Comment

I like it. It's faster than PlanG for creating basic .pln files. The interface is smoother.

Comment

Please let us know when the multiplayer traffic feature is added. I will pick up that version when it comes out. Thanks for the find!

Comment

Yes... I like what I see but it definitely needs the multiplayer traffic feature to compete with Plan G.
            [COLOR="#008000"]Josh
            CW4 US Army Retired [/COLOR]:)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

We've all seen developers create add on's and those items become irrelvent because of lack of updates as the sims update. In this case he is even making his source code available making it possible for the work to continue after he is not around to continue it.

Cool!

Comment

After some testing I found I can run both at the same time with P3D and enjoy the features of both. Does take up more screen real estate but I have things I can move to the back as needed. Some of you smart guys should get on that source code and get to work.
                [COLOR="#008000"]Josh
                CW4 US Army Retired [/COLOR]:)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Some of you smart guys should get on that source code and get to work.
                  If I read his posts correctly, the AI is high in the "to do" list.

Comment

Hmmm... Interesting and very promising if development continues for a longer period considering it is open-source. I do bush flights mainly in remote, unchartered areas in PNW, the Rockies and Alaska that are either unspecified in aviation maps or without official ICAO codes assigned. Does it have a feature where the user/pilot can customize by marking POIs (points of interest) like remote dirt strips, small SPBs, docks, rural cabins, lake waterways, landmarks, etc. etc. as he discovers or fly-bys them for future re-visits or navigation? I find this handy in Plan-G but its recent version has map magnification issues and/or unexpectedly crash from time to time which the developer hasn't addressed for a while now. If not yet, maybe said useful feature can be included also in the "to do list" in later versions, hopefully...:wink-new:
                    [B]Flying a helicopter is the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind...[/B] :very_drunk:

Comment

Little Navmap v1.2 was released today and it supports AI traffic now.

Comment

Thanks Marty. Just wondering if Plan-G's database of custom POIs or uploaded CSV data be exportable to Little Navmap?

GR
                        [B]Flying a helicopter is the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind...[/B] :very_drunk:

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X