Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Flying Fantasy Football League

Greetings fellow coaches and pilots! League commissioner Lazerbolt here, and I'm excited to announce the return of the Flying Fantasy Football league for 2016! After a very successful inaugural season last year, the league is proud to continue the competition, comradery and good times that is the hallmark of Flying Fantasy Football.

Here is a list of the 12 teams and coaches from the 2015 season:

Ludington LazerGalactic Lazerbolt
    Denver Dorks Storm
    Las Vegas Deuce Robert Dunn
    Tul PkBkr Sound4U
    Valdosta Razor's Edges Razor
    Brisbane Vipers Novawing24
    Aeronautical nonsense Travis
    Team Brown Warhawk
    Team Shepard Splithorse
    Buffalo Williams Coast
    Turn Down For Watt Josh Cutn
    Green Bay Porkers Loader-man Trev

All coaches who participated in the league last year are invited back for the 2016 season, however you MUST confirm your desire to return by either forum PM or simply replying to this post by Thursday, September 1st.

In the likely event that one or more coaches are unable to return for the 2016 season, the league is accepting requests to join Flying Fantasy Football. Please forum PM me or reply to this post by September 1st if you are interested, and your team will be entered into consideration for this year!

Our draft will be scheduled for Monday the 5th of September so stay tuned for details!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

The reorganized and much improved Las Vegas Deuce is training hard and ready for another exciting fantasy season. Our new MGM-Wynn's Fantasy Stadium is repleat with video poker in the SkyBoxes and, thanks to the higher than expected patronage from our fans in Los Santos, FREE PARKING ! The acquittal of the coaching staff and parole of key elements of our defensive secondary and special teams engender much greater expectations than last season.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I'm in

Comment

I'm in
        [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
        [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

I'm in
          Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
          Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
          Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
          Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
          My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

The Dorks are in.

Comment

I've no idea how to do it but knowing nothing about Football and no interest in British football (Soccor) maybe I should put a team together and see how it fairs?
              If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
                I've no idea how to do it but knowing nothing about Football and no interest in British football (Soccor) maybe I should put a team together and see how it fairs?
                Well you'd be welcome, Roo. I would say that "owning" a fantasy football team does take regular maintenance. Some people get by with 10 minutes a week. Obsessive idiots like me might spend a couple of hours and have spreadsheets! But weekly involvement is a must, if for no other reason than it's better for all the other team owners in the league. Absent owners do rather dampen the atmosphere. But if an ex-limey like me, who is also indifferent to soccer, can pick it up, I'm sure you can. (By coincidence, Storm is typing this wearing a bright orange Denver Broncos T-shirt!)

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  Well you'd be welcome, Roo. I would say that "owning" a fantasy football team does take regular maintenance.
                  Hmm, In that case I better leave leave it.

I thought it may have been a case of pick a few random players I know nothing about and then see where my team is at the end of the season.
                  I've no time for the things I'm interested in at the moment never mind those I'm not.
                  If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Fair enough. Yeah, it's more complicated than sticking with the original drafted team. Players get injured and you need to substitute from the bench. Teams have "bye weeks" so players from those teams need to be temporarily substituted. Other owners may want to make you trade offers. Overall, it takes a small but regular involvement, so I think you're making the right choice.

Comment

Yes Roo, you would be absolutely welcome to join in the fun! Its pretty easy to get a team up and running in the league, even if you've never played before, in fact, last years champion (Razor) had never played fantasy football before! You don't really need to know much about Football either because the website we use provides all of the stats for each player, and you will pick players based on that. You will be free to spend as much or as little time each week as you like, for instance I usually only take about 20 minutes a week managing my team (I check my roster once a week to make sure that none of my starters are hurt, or have the week off, and to check the list of available players to see if any of them might be a good replacement for a player on my team that might be struggling.), others spend much more time managing and researching their players.

Please forum pm me your email address and I will email you the details when the time comes.
                      Happy landings,
                      Lazer

Comment

So far we have 6 (maybe 7) coaches signed up for this years fantasy season! A good start for sure, but we still have plenty of room for more armchair coaches! Only one week left to join (Thursday September 1st deadline) so please post here or forum pm me to join in the fun! All are welcome to join!
                        Happy landings,
                        Lazer

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
                          Hmm, In that case I better leave leave it.

I thought it may have been a case of pick a few random players I know nothing about and then see where my team is at the end of the season.
                          I've no time for the things I'm interested in at the moment never mind those I'm not.
                          We'd love to interact with you on any terms your busy life can afford, ROO. May I suggest a co-ownership with another member and you just participate and contribute to your team's management as you see fit? The Las Vegas Deuce is looking for "investors" with no prior police record. We'd be glad to sell you half ownership in the team.
                          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Oh yeah I am IN

Comment

Please can we have just one week per play-off round? I think we agreed last year that two weeks per round was not good. It's currently still set to two.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X