Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discord feedback

Hello pilots! It's been a couple months since we started using Discord so I wanted to get an idea of how people like it so far. Please vote and leave any comments!
    I like it!
    51.43%
    Satisfactory
    31.43%
    I don't like it!
    17.14%

If you were to ask which I would prefer, I would have to go with teamspeak. There are still many features and less inconveniences I enjoy on teamspeak that are just not yet available on discord. In the grand scheme of things, both do the job just fine most of the time.

Comment

Like:
      • Better voice readability
      • Easy file sharing
      • Greater community feel
      • Easy switch between servers
      • Better PM system
      • Fewer trolls

Wishlist (Discord):
      • Channel log (who just joined or left a busy channel?)
      • Own voice playback for test/set-up
      • Multiple USB device recognition (vote here!)

Wishlist (Admin, already possible):
      • Set up #text channel per room (or just more)

Dislike:

Comment

Storm has summarize it perfectly.
        For me personally, in Discord, a lot better bandwidth optimization that allows for workable communication even with my very week and temperamental Internet connection.
        with TS, in large groups of people I was completely excluded and not able to communicate.
        For me Discord all the way.
        mike404

Comment

Both work well but I still prefer TeamSpeak. I do like the link/picture sharing feature of Discord. It's like our own mini social media site.

Comment

I voted the "like" choice. Most importantly to me, personally, I endorse whichever voice app the regular members desire. I strive to please and serve those pilots who show up night after night, fly or lead the group flights and SIG events and apparently find the sense of like minded community here at msFLIGHTS.net which they seek. I agree point for point with Storm's post # 3 on a technical level. I value the limited bandwidth accommodation Mike alludes to. I've heard similar connection stories from others (the wi-fi pilots).

My biggest like personally is the multimedia facilities. My biggest wish is better administrative and general member logging.

We who actively manage the community have evidently pursued the facilities that suit our needs and solve our problems as opposed to conformity to any perceived industry standard. Multiple dedicated sim servers alone were fragmenting and therefore disappointing our regulars. SimLink has become a thoroughly though out and worked thru answer to cross platform flight. Historically we sought the greater administrative control and enhanced feature set presented in a dedicated bulletin board forum platform as opposed to a php-like web presence. vBulletin served that need very well IMHO. msFLIGHTS Virtual Airline is custom configured for our desires and needs. Shadow Squadron Steam TacPack group runs an enhanced configuration and specific events to fully use their enhancements. Putzer's DCS sub-community has few if any counterparts in any of the other major independents. Our various space sim and GTA channel offerings are particular to this community. Discord is another example of the community managers investigating what facilities are out there, thoroughly testing, garnering membership opinion and then putting forth the effort required to make the systems work.

While I won't go so far as to claim our service philosophies and style are leading the way, we certainly cannot be classified as followers of the norm either.
            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Like:
              • Better voice readability
              • Easy file sharing
              • Greater community feel
              • Easy switch between servers
              • Better PM system
              • Fewer trolls

Wishlist (Discord):
              • Channel log (who just joined or left a busy channel?)
              • Own voice playback for test/set-up
              • Multiple USB device recognition (vote here!)

Wishlist (Admin, already possible):
              • Set up #text channel per room (or just more)

Dislike:
              I agree with Storm, too. But for the "Dislike:" i have one: I don't like the way how people get a Member, mostly a simple question in the text chat and they get their Member status. A BIG NO NO!
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                I agree with Storm, too. But for the "Dislike:" i have one: I don't like the way how people get a Member, mostly a simple question in the text chat and they get their Member status. A BIG NO NO!
                I think that's more a problem with staff not being willing to follow best practice. It would also be true for Teamspeak or any voice comm system. I agree with you Casey, it's a big no no, but it's not really anything to do with Discord.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                  Not to get too far off topic, but in some past staff meetings we decided it was best to keep a very low bar to achieve voice membership. Member badges came about for the sole purpose to have a defense against proxy trolls who could easily circumvent a ban. We decided to give memberships very easily/quickly, because if that member decided to ever troll we could easily remove the member badge, preventing them access to all voice channels.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X