Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pack the pattern or random hops?

I'm new to the server but missing my old server FSX-MP. We flew alot of close traffic and hops departing from the host airport. Is anyone for like pack the pattern day or group flights from the host airport? Does the host airport rotate?

I think most of the group flights would be considered having packed patterns. The host airport doesn't change very often and may not be the best airport to fly out of due to lots of uncontrolled traffic.

Comment

Does pack the pattern involve ATC? ��
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
        Does pack the pattern involve ATC? ��
        If it does consider our friends BVARTCC (Previously BVA) on VATSIM, they routinely have an event of that exact name hosted on the VATSIM network.
        [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
        [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Hahaha... I was thinking about having a "pack the pattern" style flight just yesterday! It'll be a little more difficult in Simlink (5s delay), but it'll be better if we're all in 172s instead of Mooneys (everyone remember a couple of anniversary flights ago, when we were all flying the pattern in Mooneys? It was like a 5-mile-crosswind/10-mile-downwind pattern!).

I'd suggest we first attempt pack-the-pattern with traffic calls only... Chaos in the pattern combined with chaos on voice comms would be a sight to see! (...A sound to hear?)

P.S.- It'd be a great chance for a few aircraft to practice pattern entry/exit, too.
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I'd love to control a pack the pattern event.
            Maybe even have both runways active
            If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X