Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favorite Orbx region?

I only own 1 region (PNW) so this question is more to people that own multiple Orbx regions. I've heard some say the EU regions aren't as nice as the NA regions, and some have said the earlier NA regions are better then latter ones...and vise-versa.

Do you have a favorite? Or do they all seem about the same quality to you? Thanks, as this will help me decide which region to get next.

Right now for me I'd say SAK or PFJ. But NCA is also very good. I do love the Pacific Northwest of NA, so all of them are good. I just got SCA and both New Zealand regions, but have yet to look at them.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

It is hard to choose. Where do you see yourself flying most? They are all pretty good.

Comment

I love SAK and the Tongas Fjords as an addition.
        CaseyRyback59/Andreas
        Staff Member
        VA-Manager

Comment

SAK is the best in my opinion, but there again I love Alaska in general, and would love to live there. My only caution with ORBX regions is just be careful with NCA and SCA(Northern and Southern Cali) they impact frames slightly in some places, and pretty substantially in others
          [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
          [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

maybe consider some of the 'Global' area airports...

Sedona KSEZ is not in an existing area, as such, but the airport comes with a large surrounding area which has been upgraded... also falling into this category are KEGE Eagle County, KPSP Palm Springs, KTEX Telluride and the first on the East Coast KBHB Bar Harbor in Maine...

Comment

Since I enjoy bush flights with helos and float planes through "off the beaten flight paths"and uncharted destinations, I have flown through most of the ORBX NA regions. My order of preference: PNW, TFX, PFJ and SAK for coastal areas, scenic fjords and snowy formations. Among the four mentioned, only TFX is from FSAddon (not from ORBX), has the smallest area of coverage but the most immersive with many "eye candy" objects. Add the free Return to Misty Moorings scenery addons/enhancements collection and REX TD w/ SC to the mix and you won't fly anywhere "low and slow" as immersive, IMO. I agree with Razor that NCA and SCA may have substantial impact on FPS especially if you have a medium to low tier GPU and to some extent CPU even with optimized tweaks. NRM and CRM are excellent too if you want to fly inland with more vegetation, rivers, lakes and mountainous terrain.
              Last edited by GhostRider; June 22, 2016, 12:39 AM.
              [B]Flying a helicopter is the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind...[/B] :very_drunk:

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I would like flying in any of these regions, I was just more curious to know if there was a noticeable quality difference between any of them, but so far it sounds like they are all pretty good.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X