Windows 10 has been out for a while...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 has been out for a while...

So Windows 10 has been out for a little while. As most of us know here, first thing to do is to enable privacy mode (AKA disable a bunch of settings). Okay so I know this is a new modern thing going on and a real big waste of time that shouldn't be happening for the user. Well the real point of this is that I am thinking of trying Win10 when I reformat my computer.

So I rediscovered windows shell (which will make some things look like windows 7). Does anyone have any other recommendations before I make the jump. If I do it, Is there anything I need to be aware of other than disabling the tracking information settings?

Also, If I do reformat. I will probably have to put a hold on my Saturday group flights for one week. If I know I will need this time for sure, I will post about it and someone can take the 9pm slot.

My real goal in reformatting... P3D fresh installed onto SSD. My P3D is on my HDD and takes a nice time to start and load in. This means I will not be reinstalling FSX. If I ever reinstall it, It will probably be on my HDD. It has been many months since I have last opened FSX.

If I don't like Windows 10, I can always format back to 7 (I assume).
    Thanks for the read. Let me know if you have anything to say about it in a reply!

Thumbs up, keep going, all informations and tools about security are online... I'm on it since it came out and i'm very happy with it. The most of the negative comments comming from people, who never tryed it out, because others told them it is crap... Own expiriences are important! In my eyes it is the next Masterpiece from Microsoft after win98, winXP and win7.....
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

I like Windows 10 its really good. Best part is the ease of fresh installs, windows gets all your drivers automatically. The only driver I would download is the latest Nvidia driver. I would try and use the default look, its nice and clean. You prob already know this but a nice shortcut menu pops up when you right click the start icon.

Also you probably know about this too, but it may help others; you can download a flash drive creator to make fresh windows installs here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...oad/windows10/ Click the blue "download tool" button near the bottom of the page. When you run the program make sure you select "Create installation media for another PC". After it's done, then you set your BIOS to boot from the USB drive then follow all the Windows promts.

Comment

this website is great for getting all your favorite programs installed with one go, they don't install any extras either: https://ninite.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
          I would try and use the default look, its nice and clean.

this website is great for getting all your favorite programs installed with one go, they don't install any extras either: https://ninite.com/
          I have been using the default look on my girlfriends laptop since a few months after win10 was released. I still don't like it. I dread using her laptop unless I have to.

I Ninite! I use it every install since I discovered it a couple years ago! Thanks Kalo!

Also thanks Casey for your words too!

Comment

Another tool I recommend along these lines is Rufus to create bootable USB's from any bootable ISO (Windows, linux, etc..). Then any ISO you need to make a bootable USB from is easy. I use it for Server OS's all the time. One of the killer parts is being able to make the bootable USB for GPT disk on UEFI, or MBR on UEFI or MBR on BIOS.
            - Michael
            Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

So I have my clean install on windows 10 now. P3D is installed with basically no add-ons yet. Everything seems smooth so far.
              The only annoyance was(which was expected) the hour or more I spent disabling telemetry data.
              I have used windows classic shell to make some things look similar to windows 7

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X