Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMDG brings out the classic props

Here is a detailed video look at the new DC-6 from of all people, PMDG. This model looks to live up to the PMDG standard. It is for X-Plane 10. I asked Frooglesim, a PMDG beta tester, and he acknowledged that a FSX/P3D version is planned.

I like their Automated Flight Engineer feature that you'll see in the video. It looks like it gives a lot of flexibility to just how much a a study level aircraft model it is.

Thanks for sharing Karl. I didn't know they were working on this, and now I really hope we see an FSX version. 'The Independence' paint scheme on the VC-118 variant of the DC-6 is one of my all time favorites and I would definitely spend the time to recreate it if this became available. I won't be holding my breath, though, as I've been waiting quite some time for the JS41 to be released as Steam compatible. The 'late February' release date on their site for that has already long come and gone.
    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0558.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by -TK- View Post
      I won't be holding my breath, though, as I've been waiting quite some time for the JS41 to be released as Steam compatible. The 'late February' release date on their site for that has already long come and gone.
      Absolutely agree. However since they have the "X-plane" version I hope it won't be too long. We'll just have to see.

As far as the JS41 goes, I would bet Buck's paycheck that there is a work around to get it to install into a Steam installation of FSX. Most of my aircraft and sceneries work fine in both regardless of whether there is a "steam" installer.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Absolutely agree. However since they have the "X-plane" version I hope it won't be too long. We'll just have to see.

As far as the JS41 goes, I would bet Buck's paycheck that there is a work around to get it to install into a Steam installation of FSX. Most of my aircraft and sceneries work fine in both regardless of whether there is a "steam" installer.
        I had looked into this and you are correct, but there were said to be a couple components that still didn't work correctly after the workaround. So, since I've already bought two of the most expensive PMDGs within the last year, I convinced myself to wait until they release a fully functional Steam version of the JS41 to pick it up.
        [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0558.png[/img]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X