X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't We All The Same?

Aren't We All The Same?

Now, my last few months on ms flights have been incredible. Everyone was fun and loving. We were having a good time learning new things flyin aircrafts.

These last few weeks were, well, different. Everyone started turning on me. I don't have a mic so they acted as if I wasn't there. Ignoring me completely. They'd help one person set up FSD but not me. They'd make jokes about people without mics, calling them useless or unworthy.

So what I'm asking is that can't we all just get along? We all just want to learn and have fun flying aircrafts. I'm sorry if anyone gets mad at me for posting this but I had to.

If you have any comments please let me know by replying on this post. They're are some people that I'd like to mention reply and care about me. Predator bro thx for all you've done. Sound man thx for puttin up with me. Little Cube just thx bro. Take care everyone,

Safe skies,
    Batman.

Not having a mic is absolutely something that will limit your enjoyment here.... to a small degree. The biggest drawback is that many times you will type something in the chat window but nobody sees it in a reasonable amount of time.

There is absolutely no reason within the scope of our rules/guidelines to believe that you are required you to have a mic. That is your decision. I bet you're a big boy and can weigh the pros and cons. You are absolutely welcome here regardless of whether or not you have a mic!

If people having been saying things you find unpleasant I would ask first in what context it was being said. Friends do make fun of each other. That is human nature. If others however are being mean spirited, that is another story. Acting disruptively and disrespectfully is addressed very clearly in our rules and guidelines.

If you have issues or need assistance seek out a member of the staff and we will help as much as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Not having a mic is absolutely something that will limit your enjoyment here.... to a small degree. The biggest drawback is that many times you will type something in the chat window but nobody sees it in a reasonable amount of time.

There is absolutely no reason within the scope of our rules/guidelines to believe that you are required you to have a mic. That is your decision. I bet you're a big boy and can weigh the pros and cons. You are absolutely welcome here regardless of whether or not you have a mic!

If people having been saying things you find unpleasant I would ask first in what context it was being said. Friends do make fun of each other. That is human nature. If others however are being mean spirited, that is another story. Acting disruptively and disrespectfully is addressed very clearly in our rules and guidelines.

If you have issues or need assistance seek out a member of the staff and we will help as much as we can.
      Thank you Karl for your kindness.

Comment

Similar to what Karl said. Don't ever expect people to read your texts in teamspeak. I am often in full screen and dont see many text messages.
        But in general yes. People should not be criticizing you for not having a mic.

Comment

I believe this thread is about me and razor and ill tell what happened:

Batman was asking in chat about model matching and how to download it. This happens atleast once a week and despite me providing links and explaining where to find it he still kept asking where do i get it from so razor said pay attention. I mean if you cant understand 2 people repeating themselves on multiple occasions then the lack of a mic is not your issue is a lack of concentration. If you ask for help have the courtesy to listen/Read the response.
          So no we are not all the same some people are respectful and here to enjoy themselfs and some are to thick to listen when people try and help.

<01:04:16> "Batman": link to model matchin codes plz
          <01:04:32> "Razor": Go read the forums
          <01:04:41> "Batman": I did cant find it
          <01:04:49> "Edd": http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...nk-Quick-start
          <01:04:50> "Razor": than pay attention this time
          <01:04:56> "Edd": in there somewhere
          <01:05:31> "Batman": U guys dont think I dont look
          <01:05:43> "Batman": U guys think I dont look
          <01:05:56> "Batman": well its not in that post
          <01:05:57> "Edd": step 3
          <01:06:03> "Edd": yes it is
          <01:06:09> "Edd": STEP 3
          <01:06:27> "Batman": that doesnt tell me the codes to put in for the planes
          <01:06:29> "Batman": ;/

And if you did look at it .It does show you the codes.

I dont normally post threads in a way that can be taken as rude but this is an exception i am getting tired of people here complaining because they are to impatient or dam right stupid to listen to instructions/opinions. I personaly have tried to help you on many occasions over the last few months and everytime you dont listen and just ask the same question over and over or just spam the chat continuously most people are here to fly and dont look at teamspeak chat so ask and be patient.

I am done with helping you and it is a waste of time so please seek out someone else as i refuse to repeat myself again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edd2287 View Post
            I believe this thread is about me and razor and ill tell what happened:

Batman was asking in chat about model matching and how to download it. This happens atleast once a week and despite me providing links and explaining where to find it he still kept asking where do i get it from so razor said pay attention. I mean if you cant understand 2 people repeating themselves on multiple occasions then the lack of a mic is not your issue is a lack of concentration. If you ask for help have the courtesy to listen/Read the response.
            So no we are not all the same some people are respectful and here to enjoy themselfs and some are to thick to listen when people try and help.

<01:04:16> "Batman": link to model matchin codes plz
            <01:04:32> "Razor": Go read the forums
            <01:04:41> "Batman": I did cant find it
            <01:04:49> "Edd": http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...nk-Quick-start
            <01:04:50> "Razor": than pay attention this time
            <01:04:56> "Edd": in there somewhere
            <01:05:31> "Batman": U guys dont think I dont look
            <01:05:43> "Batman": U guys think I dont look
            <01:05:56> "Batman": well its not in that post
            <01:05:57> "Edd": step 3
            <01:06:03> "Edd": yes it is
            <01:06:09> "Edd": STEP 3
            <01:06:27> "Batman": that doesnt tell me the codes to put in for the planes
            <01:06:29> "Batman": ;/

And if you did look at it .It does show you the codes.

I dont normally post threads in a way that can be taken as rude but this is an exception i am getting tired of people here complaining because they are to impatient or dam right stupid to listen to instructions/opinions. I personaly have tried to help you on many occasions over the last few months and everytime you dont listen and just ask the same question over and over or just spam the chat continuously most people are here to fly and dont look at teamspeak chat so ask and be patient.

I am done with helping you and it is a waste of time so please seek out someone else as i refuse to repeat myself again.
            Infact this is not just about that particular incident. I relized my mistake and I apologize Edd. I did not read carfully and look at the post. Now this has happened on multiple occaisions. Not just this one.

Comment

If you are having a problem with a particular person, avoid talking to them. If you continue to have problems then contact a staff. You will have to understand that not having a mic on any teamspeak server is a severe disadvantage in proper communication. Even I misread the "tones" of forum posts because of this. You don't have to get a mic to participate here but please understand that you will have to have a different mindset and more patience while doing so. If this is something that isn't possible, then this may not be the best place for you. We gladly welcome people without microphones like user:4D even though he isn't around much anymore and he also became an msFlights "celebrity" without ever using a mic.

With all the said above, I think the real problem here may be the little things that keep occurring. For example, I have noticed you have asked many times before a well posted group flight time if we have started yet. You have been here long enough to know we don't start before the posted time and we have also told you that it is not yet the time that is posted. Yet you continue to ask. These little things get old and start becoming a bigger thing. I don't know if you have done this lately and If you haven't, great! And please, don't take my above text the wrong way. I hope you will read this and grow from what I have said, come in to teamspeak and group flights and still remain positive.

Also please don't change your teamspeak name to negative things like I saw a little bit ago, that is unnecessary.
              If you want to get a mic, there are cheap options available that are great too! I believe Lazerbolt uses a 5dollar clip on microphone and he sounds awesome. So options are out there.

I hope this post is helpful to you and anyone else who may be in the same situation.

Comment

try that

If you have some special circumstances, I think presenting them to at least stuff members Will help to understand your situation.
                Up to now all I know is you have no microphone.
                When I first came here to this community I was navigating with caution not to necessarily presented my limitations, as they has been subject of ridicule in other places.
                After a while I realized that I'm dealing with honest people, wanting to have fun for everyone.
                After presenting my limitations not only I was embraced but immediately offered assistance in many different angles.
                I am benefiting from this assistance all the time but mostly I enjoyed understanding.
                I think if you present your limitations to higher-ups it will help resolve and help the situation.
                Everybody here is equal Believe me I know.
                Last edited by N404; April 15, 2016, 12:50 AM.
                mike404

Comment

Is a mic required? NO, but like Karl said in the beginning of this thread, your enjoyment here will be limited based on the fact that you can only one way communicate with people. Yes, you can text, but as pointed out, most of us, self included, only look at the text area when someone comments that someone typed something. Mostly, because we are flying full screen, or full screens or whatever. Coming to a TeamSpeak server with no microphone, is a lot like going to a marathon with no legs in that no one will turn you away, but no one will expect you to run the race either. I'm not trying to be a dick, hell, that comes naturally, but the deal is this... This is a social club. Part of being social here is speaking to each other.
                  HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
                  See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X